Greetings purveyors of dreamworlds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings purveyors of dreamworlds!

I am excited to be a part of this community and even more excited for the opportunity to learn from the plethora of talented composers within. I hope that my music and dialogue contributions will be meaningful.

My genre of focus is ambient, though I don't limit myself to genre labels. I also create music in the film, post rock, post/doom metal, EDM and Hip-Hop genres. Sometimes I play around with other genres for fun. I try my best to compose for most instruments such as the piano, full orchestra, percussion, guitars, synths and beyond. But, I am pretty new to the compositional realm and especially the ambient scene. I only started taking my music seriously two and a half years ago, so I have a lot to learn!

Looking forward to meeting you all.

You can check out my latest track here:

http://soundcloud.com/hilyard/between-silence-and-solitude

Regards,
    Bryan Hilyard
    Last edited by Hilyard; 01-05-2013, 06:16 PM. Reason: Soundcloud URL changed

Bryan,

Let me be the first to break out the welcoming party...I'm so glad you are here!!! When I discovered your music on SoundCloud I had a very strong feeling you'd be a good fit. It makes me extremely happy to know I was right!!! :tu: You make exceptional ambient music, and are a community focused individual which is nothing short of perfect for this site.

I'm sure many will benefit from your presence. Welcome to ambient online! :D

Cheers!!

-S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Welcome! Glad you have joined this community. I look forward to your contributions and I'm sure we will all benefit.

I really like the way you balance the interaction in this piece between the airy, slightly edgy pad and the organic piano part.

Comment

@S1gns0fl1fe

Thank you so much for the invite and extremely positive compliments! It makes me feel very good to be a part of something greater than myself. I'm pleased that you feel I could be a benefit to the community and the ambient genre as a whole. I just hope that I may live up to that

@ho66it

Thank you! I am glad I joined as well, this is going to be great. Also, thank you for taking the time to listen to my composition! Really appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Purveyors of Dreamworlds. I like that.

We have many members that write and listen to many genres here, so you'll fit right in.

Such a lovely intro piece you've posted! Such a sadness to it. So lonely, but at the same time, very beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Welcome to Ambient Online!

Comment

Hey Dax,

Thank you for the warm welcome! There is a great community here, such immense talent. I appreciate you listening and complimenting my work. It means alot.

-Bryan

Comment

Hey welcome to AO! Hope you share more of your tracks

Cheers
              -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

Comment

welcome guys - ! i am new here as well.... this is absolutely superb music. cheers, drew of The Northern Hemisphere.
                http://www.soundcloud.com/nhsongs

Comment

Originally posted by iamthenorthernhemisphere View Post
                  welcome guys - ! i am new here as well.... this is absolutely superb music. cheers, drew of The Northern Hemisphere.
                  http://www.soundcloud.com/nhsongs
                  Welcome here to you as well!! I am looking forward to exploring your music stream.

Comment

Thanks guys! I will share more music very soon, I have been extremely busy with school and composing for my album "Between Silence and Solitude", forgive me if I have been MIA and if I owe you guys some listens/comments!!

Comment

here is my bandcamp page as well, all free stuff as usual http://northernhemisphere.bandcamp.com

Comment

THANK YOU HO66IT :D I'm from the colorado area as well

Comment

Working...
                        X