Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new member from London UK.

Hi,

I came across this site via post on Facebook.

I'm a music student, studying for a music degree in London.

First and foremost I'm bassist, everything that I do is on bass. I have a pair of Modulus Quantum 6 strings basses, fretted and fretless. I use an eBow which is an electronic bowing device, and a large collection of effects pedals.

This is some of my stuff here - https://soundcloud.com/an-ending-ascend

Comments and feedback are most welcome

Hi and welcome to our little..or not so little..online gathering. I'm sure you're going to fit right in here with the rest of us.

Just checked out your work over on SC..and I really like it. As for feedback..I guess this is not the right thread for posting that kind of stuff..but I will say I think what I've heard sound really good mood-wise..and your "sound" is pretty good, too..though, if it were my work, I might go back and try and expand the sound stage a little more..as well as the gain on some of the individual track elements on some of the tracks.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong or bad with what you've done..just that I think you can enhance the overall quality of sound a little more and, in doing so, make them all shine that bit more..if you know what I mean.

Having said that..this is all subjective and you might well be more than happy with how your work currently sounds..and if that's the case, then that's cool..trust me, I've both heard worse by others and produced some stinkers myself in the past. :biggrin:

Comment

Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post
      Hi and welcome to our little..or not so little..online gathering. I'm sure you're going to fit right in here with the rest of us.

Just checked out your work over on SC..and I really like it. As for feedback..I guess this is not the right thread for posting that kind of stuff..but I will say I think what I've heard sound really good mood-wise..and your "sound" is pretty good, too..though, if it were my work, I might go back and try and expand the sound stage a little more..as well as the gain on some of the individual track elements on some of the tracks.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong or bad with what you've done..just that I think you can enhance the overall quality of sound a little more and, in doing so, make them all shine that bit more..if you know what I mean.

Having said that..this is all subjective and you might well be more than happy with how your work currently sounds..and if that's the case, then that's cool..trust me, I've both heard worse by others and produced some stinkers myself in the past. :biggrin:
      Thanks for your comments, and for taking the time to listen, much appreciated

Comment

Welcome to Ambient Online! Looking forward to checking out your work...and sending your Soundcloud link to a bassist friend of mine to show him that Ambient can be produced on bass

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
          Welcome to Ambient Online! Looking forward to checking out your work...and sending your Soundcloud link to a bassist friend of mine to show him that Ambient can be produced on bass
          The humble bass is a far more versatile instrument than many give it credit for, thanks for taking the time to listen

Comment

you have a great talent :-)

Comment

Originally posted by an.ending.ascend View Post
              The humble bass is a far more versatile instrument than many give it credit for, thanks for taking the time to listen
              Nice tracks for sure and agree totally about the bass. I really must get one again...

Did you ever hear Rothko, 90s/00s 'post rock' band that veered towards ambient? Original lineup was just three bass players, serious low end.

Welcome aboard.
              Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Hurrah, another bassist! Back when I was gigging semi-regularly, we had a tune that I played with an Ebow on my fretless. I'll definitely be checking your stuff out. Welcome to AO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "I'm not really interested in music. Music is just a means of creating a magical state." - Robert Fripp

My music on SoundCloud

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome!
                    SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
                    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
                    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Glad you found us!

Listening to some of your pieces on SoundCloud, very minimal and expressive. You are amongst your kind here!

Cheers and welcome aboard,
                      -S1gns
                      Synphaera Records
                      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Hello :biggrin:
                        It's all an illusion.

https://soundcloud.com/skyhighdiamonds

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                          Originally posted by an.ending.ascend View Post
                          Nice tracks for sure and agree totally about the bass. I really must get one again...

Did you ever hear Rothko, 90s/00s 'post rock' band that veered towards ambient? Original lineup was just three bass players, serious low end.

Welcome aboard.
                          Thanks to everyone for their kind comments.

I actually have a collaboration planned with one of the guys from Rothko. They were a great band.

Comment

Listening to your works.. excellent! I can hear the eBow, I used one when I used to play guitar (WAY back in the day).

Welcome to Ambient Online! :listening:
                            Last edited by Synthetic Aurality; 02-16-2015, 07:30 AM. Reason: kant spel gud
                            Home Page: http://www.syntheticaurality.com/
                            Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality
                            Authors Den: http://www.authorsden.com/edwardaustinaverill

Comment

Working...
                            X