Hello from Norwich, UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Norwich, UK

25 years in radio - 20 with the BBC - now a free spirit in the audio world. Love field recordings and creating soundscapes while dabbling with ambiant musical sounds.
    Day job doing mostly AV stuff for public gallery. Most weekend I can be found out in the countryside hunting for sounds.

Really looking forward to getting to know you all and learning how to make good great!

Richard

A sample sound created from a couple of small wind turbines in Norfolk
    https://soundcloud.com/richardfair/machine-vs-machine

Welcome!

That's a great sample, they sound pretty angry with each other at times.

We've a whole farm of them nearby but unfortunately a couple of miles out at sea so limited recording opportunities...
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Checking out your sample of the wind turbines...this is fantastic stuff! You'll fit in well here...and I'm sure you'll go nuts with the "One Sample Dare" contests we hold very regularly.

This forum is a wealth of information and community. Glad you decided to join us!

Cheers,
      -S1gns
      Synphaera Records
      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Glad to have you here, look forward to hearing more of your experiences.

Comment

Welcome to AO, looking forward to some Yod-dropping and Glottal stops along the way.

I have spent some time in Norfolk over the years. The Broads are one of my favourite holiday destinations, affording me the opportunity to "mess around in boats".

I assume you used contact mics. to record those turbines. Good job
          Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Welcome to AO! That's a wonderful recording. I look forward to exploring more of your work S1gns is right..you'll fit right in here!

Comment

Hi Richard and welcome to our online ambient family..nice to have you with us.

There's a lot of really talented people on here, who are more than willing to engage with you and exchange ideas, tips and knowhow..and I'm sure you've a lot of knowledge and experience of your own, based on what I read in your intro.

Welcome once again and I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Comment

Hi Richard - great to see you here, and hear you on soundcloud... Love those turbines!
                I will check out your other field recordings too...
                cheers from a Bristolian living in Belfast...
                Jason
                https://soundcloud.com/id_23

Comment

Working...
                X