Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello AO. I am Gossen

Hey hey!

My name is Gossen Rijkeboer and I'm from The Netherlands. I stumbled across this forum when I found the awesome Ambient Online Compilation Volume 4 on BC (downloading as I type).
    I am a electronic music producer for quite some time now. My first experience with music was when my parents semi-forced me to practice the piano (and I'm really glad that they did ). I think that was about 25 years ago.
    A couple of years later a friend of mine got a Amiga 500 and soon we were making our first tracks with Protracker. That was an amazing experience. You could sample mono sounds and use it in a program that got 4 mono channels!!
    Those were the days ;)
    But the tracker methode stuck with me. Soon after Protracker it was Fasttracker and/or Scream Tracker and Impulse Tracker. I still have some songs of that periode (a couple of them are on my compilation album From Then To Here on BC)
    Nowadays I use Renoise for producing my tracks. Yes, I'm still a tracker-head.
    I've got no real genre particular to my producing style. Actually it's all over the place but for the last year I'm really diggin the ambient side of things (in music as well as in life).
    I'm so glad I found this forum, especially because of the quality of tracks produced by the members of AO. I hope I can learn allot here.

Wow, this intro has become a little history lesson into my musical life. Got a little carried away...

Thanks and greetings,
    Gossen Rijkeboer
    Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | Facepage

Awesome! So glad to have you with us. Great introduction and you're right, there is tons of talent here.

Learn, grow, and enjoy. :D :tu:

Cheers to you and welcome aboard,
    -S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Welcome to Ambient Online, glad you found us! I'm listening to tracks from your Stargazer album on Bandcamp as i write this. Nice chill music! Glad to have you aboard!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Welcome.
          https://soundcloud.com/toan-3

Comment

Welkom bij ambientonline. Ik woonde in Nederland voor drie jaar.
            Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Oh, you are a Renoise-guy! Be welcome here!
              ahornberg.bandcamp.com
              soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

Glad to have you aboard!

Comment

Thanks everybody!

Comment

Hello gossen-I enjoyed reading your introduction
                    and a very warm welcome aboard the ambient spaceship m8 :tu:
                    life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Thank you Richy!
                      Last edited by gossen; 05-13-2015, 08:55 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                      X