X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boqurant
    replied
    Hi Asemere,

Welcome. Nice to meet you :thumbsup: I'm currently listening to your "Underland" track and although I'm just 4:30 in, I'm already it. I like your style, your aesthetics and I'm not scared of long pieces :listening:

I hope you will get inspired by others here and ofcourse create some good music that gets us inspired!

Cheers,
    Marcel

Leave a comment:

• Dutch Oven
    replied
    Originally posted by Asemere View Post
    Thanks everyone for the welcoming

Hi James - just listening now to your tracks on Soundcloud. Nice work. I like your use of processed sounds. Did you use any synths in your pieces or is everything derived from processed found sounds?

When I started this journey I used sound samples from CM magazine and the net. I recently bought a Zoom H1 - a really worthwhile investment! Feels much more authentic to be able to use my own sounds.

p.s. I had no idea what a 'Dutch Oven' was until I googled it. OMG!
    Hi there.

Thanks for for checking out my sounds, really appreciate it, glad you enjoyed them.

I think some of my earlier tracks were pure found sound, but the more recent ones are probably a 50/50 mix of processed sounds and synths, I work a lot on the iPad so I tend to use Alchemy Mobile, mitosynth and grain science.
    The Zoom is definitely a worthwhile buy.

Ah good old CM Magazine, always a gem or two to be found on the DVD, brilliant mag.

Glad you approve of the user name, Lol !

Cheers.
    James.

Leave a comment:

• meta4
    replied
    Wowza-what an amazing introduction. I totally enjoyed every word.
    And a very warm welcome to the ambient spaceship :tu:

Leave a comment:

• Asemere
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the welcoming replies!

Originally posted by Dutch Oven View Post
    Hi there Asemere.

Pleasure to welcome a fellow Brit to the AO forum, you've found an awesome place to hangout.
    For what it's worth I'm a fan of ASMR sounds particularly weather, and use a lot of natural "found" sounds (albeit heavily processed) in my work.
    look forward to seeing you around the forum and to hearing some of your own material.

Cheers.
    James.
    Hi James - just listening now to your tracks on Soundcloud. Nice work. I like your use of processed sounds. Did you use any synths in your pieces or is everything derived from processed found sounds?

When I started this journey I used sound samples from CM magazine and the net. I recently bought a Zoom H1 - a really worthwhile investment! Feels much more authentic to be able to use my own sounds.

p.s. I had no idea what a 'Dutch Oven' was until I googled it. OMG!

Leave a comment:

• ID_23
    replied
    Hi there!

cheers
    Jason

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    Welcome to AO!

Leave a comment:

• Dutch Oven
    replied
    Hi there Asemere.

Pleasure to welcome a fellow Brit to the AO forum, you've found an awesome place to hangout.
    For what it's worth I'm a fan of ASMR sounds particularly weather, and use a lot of natural "found" sounds (albeit heavily processed) in my work.
    look forward to seeing you around the forum and to hearing some of your own material.

Cheers.
    James.

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    replied
    Great introduction, welcome to the forum!

There is no other forum more supportive, encouraging, and generous as this. You have definitely found the right place.

Learn, share, grow, and most of all enjoy. Welcome aboard. :cool:

Cheers,
    -S1gns

Leave a comment:

• Cloud Hunter
    replied
    Hi there fellow countryman.

It seems we share a common philosophy about ambient music; like those artists you mentioned and about how it should sound. There's all kinds of discussions on the nature of things like that here on this forum.
    ASMR sounds interesting and I'd never heard of that before. Could be all in the mind, who knows... I think I can relate to it though; I can tolerate most environmental sounds when others find them a distraction.

Leave a comment:

• Asemere
    started a topic new member from UK says hello

new member from UK says hello

Hello -

I'm from Essex in the UK and just signed up to this forum. I've been into ambient music for many years - serious ambient is the classical music of the 21st century!

It's great to find a forum for this music. I was discussing ambient with a friend who is into the same artists and we agreed that it's very difficult to listen to ambient with someone who doesn't like it.

I learnt various instruments as a kid and then played bass and guitar in a couple of small time bands. Over the past few years I've been slowly learning about making my own ambient and dark ambient music, something I wanted to do years ago but the advent of the computer and soft synths and sound processing makes it so much easier (not to mention cheaper!)! I started exploring ambient music creation about three years ago but then pressures of life intervened (as they often do) and I didn't have time to pursue it. Recently however I've had more time and will be posting some tracks to Soundcloud in the near future.

The kind of ambient I like is Steve Roach (he seems to have a Midas touch); Alio Die; Eno (in his early ambient phase, particularly On Land); and more but those are the main three. I've always thought that no matter how dark or ominous the mood, the sound itself should be pleasant on the ears, like dark velvet, as its the vehicle for the mood created.

Plus, a word about my forum name. It's derived from Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (google it - it's entirely beneficial!) and any tracks I make public will be under that name. I think anyone who likes ambient music most probably has ASMR, I know I do - it's the name for a pleasurable physical response to small sounds, e.g. rustling paper, rain, stones rubbing together, running water, etc.

Anyway, enough rambling for now. See you all around the forum...
Working...
X