Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Finland!

Greetings from Finland!

I ran onto This forum and I just wanted to introduce myself. I also wanted to share my music with you. I compose ambient music live using only effected bass guitar.

I got interested with ambient-kind-of music when I was about 13 years old. I listened Jarre, Vangelis, Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk, untill I found Brian Eno at high school.

I've been working as a professional musician for 15 years but within very different genres like funk, progressive rock and jazz. I always wanted to compose electronic and ambient music, but I felt I had no chapnge of doing that because I didn't own any synthesizers or such... Then an accident happened that changed my perception: I cut the tip of my right index finger. Subsequently I figured out, that I should try to compose ambient music with bass guitar, because it just happens to be my instrument of profession. I wanted to make it in a hard way, restricting myself for just one challenging instrument and making everything live, without overdubs. So here's something that evolved from these thoughts:

https://soundcloud.com/mr_randomizer...e-bass-ambient

I hope to have good conversations about the music I love the most and I hope you could find my music interesting enough to listen...

great to have you joining us!

Comment

Hello Mr Randomizer

I've not been here long myself. There is some excellent stuff to listen to here, so get stuck in...

I've just tuned in to The Boötes Void... So, that is bass guitar? Nice work dood... I might have a go at something like that myself. It's not my instrument of choice, but, as a guitarist, I do have a cheap bass guitar in my "collection."

cheers

andy
      >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Welcome my friend Im also new here, but there are a ton of things to discover for sure.
        Regards, Dan Stanley of imogen projekt.

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
          Hello Mr Randomizer

I've not been here long myself. There is some excellent stuff to listen to here, so get stuck in...

I've just tuned in to The Boötes Void... So, that is bass guitar? Nice work dood... I might have a go at something like that myself. It's not my instrument of choice, but, as a guitarist, I do have a cheap bass guitar in my "collection."

cheers

andy
          Bass guitar heavily effected. It is the only instrument that I use. Here's a picture of my gear:

Nice to see that people are actually discussing here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice rig

Is that a Lexicon somethingorother in the little rack unit?

I've got a Lexicon MPX 500, which that looks similar to, though not exactly...

(I must try to get the MPX used again... Been gathering dust for years...)
            >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Indeed. It is MPX100.

Comment

Welcome mr. randomizer, I like bass guitar too, i have a 4 string one :listening:
                {-virabelo-}
                http://txti.es/a220

Comment

Welcome ja tervetuloa!
                  // Home // Twitter // Soundcloud // Bandcamp // Hearthis // Youtube //

Comment

Kiitos!

Comment

Working...
                    X