Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greetings

    Hi, I found this site, I don't know how, bookmarked it, forgot about it, and found it again.

    Seems like many members are producers. Any DJs, pro or amateur? Is there a subforum where members post their mixes? A good ambient mix is a rarity, I find. My collection is open for anyone who's interested.

    I'm not very into traditional ambient music (Robert Rich, Jeff Greinke, Mathias Grassow), though I do like it. Darker atmospheres, drone music by artists like Maeror Tri, Rapoon, experimental and electroacoustic sounds by Telepherique, Scanner, or Biosphere, take my attention at the moment. Anyone have similar tastes?

  • #2
    Hi Goro,
    welcome I'm sure some of us DJ...I'm definitely more in the amateur camp - unfortunately I haven't really found a place to spin ambient yet.... but maybe sometime
    Looking forward to your contributions - and especially your mixes!
    P.S. Definitely fond of Biosphere...
    www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by phoenstorm View Post
      Hi Goro,
      welcome I'm sure some of us DJ...I'm definitely more in the amateur camp - unfortunately I haven't really found a place to spin ambient yet.... but maybe sometime
      Looking forward to your contributions - and especially your mixes!
      P.S. Definitely fond of Biosphere...
      Purely amateur here. My sets have never left my bedroom. And, yea, hearing live ambient usually means coming out to small venue, like a hole-in-the-wall bar, for a special artists' night. There's a collective in Toronto called Ambient Ping that hosts these events once in a while. Haven't met any DJs specializing in ambient music, though, just a few producers here and there.

      How much do you like Biosphere's recent releases? L'Incoronazione Di Poppea, N-Plants, Stator (with Deathprod)?

      Comment


      • #4
        Welcome to Ambient Online! While we don't have a thread for ambient mixes that I am aware of, here are some links to some good sources for Ambient Mixes:

        Mark Blood on Mixcloud. https://m.mixcloud.com/markblood10/

        Hypnogogue Podcast . https://hypnagoguepodcast.wordpress.com

        Ambient Landscape on Mixcloud. https://m.mixcloud.com/gab_labs/

        Also, while not "mixes" check out the Ambient Online Soundcloud group. Also there are many more ambient groups on Soundcloud. Dozens. Relaxed Machinery is a good one.

        Cheers,
        W.

        Comment


        • #5
          Welcome aboard the ambient spaceship goro.
          We all hope that you will enjoy your stay with us :tu:
          life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

          https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896


          Comment


          • #6
            Hi meta4

            Originally posted by Windspace View Post
            Welcome to Ambient Online! While we don't have a thread for ambient mixes that I am aware of.
            So I guess no one will mind if I create one in recommended listening

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by goro View Post
              Hi meta4

              Originally posted by Windspace View Post
              Welcome to Ambient Online! While we don't have a thread for ambient mixes that I am aware of.
              So I guess no one will mind if I create one in recommended listening
              As long as the mixes are just for listening pleasure, it should be fine. :listening: If you were to try to compile other people's music into some kind of product for sale...that would definitely be disallowed here! nonono:

              Look forward to checking out what you come up with.

              Comment


              • #8
                No way. It's a labour of love for me.

                Link to the thread: http://www.ambientonline.org/forum/s...1212#post31212

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by goro View Post
                  No way. It's a labour of love for me.

                  Link to the thread: http://www.ambientonline.org/forum/s...1212#post31212
                  :thumbsup:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hey there and welcome.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X