Moving into Ambient from other fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving into Ambient from other fields

Hi everybody, I play Steel Guitar among other things and like to compose Ambient Music, hope to let you hear some soon.
    JK.

Hi, glad to have you here.

Steel guitar as in lap/slide?

Cool, love that in ambient music, obviously Enos 'Apollo' recordings but also people like BJ Cole.
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
      Hi, glad to have you here.

Steel guitar as in lap/slide?

Cool, love that in ambient music, obviously Enos 'Apollo' recordings but also people like BJ Cole.
      Thank you Gary, I have a Pedal Steel and several Lap Steels, plus a Dobro, all have been used on You Tube
      and now I'm really liking the Ambient sounds.
      JK.

Comment

Welcome to Ambient Online! I am looking forward to listening to your music

I really love the way Robert Rich uses a pedal steel with an Ebow and fx. Is your ambient steel guitar music in that vein, or something completely different...which would be awesome as well!!

Cheers,
        W.

Comment

Welcome to AO, looking forward to hearing your tracks - especially the ones with the pedal steel guitar! :biggrin:
          www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

To all who extended a welcome, I have just been granted permission to post, so have placed my first effort in Member Releases
            hope you all enjoy. Having trouble operating the posting process though, please have patience.

JK.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerrsteel View Post
              To all who extended a welcome, I have just been granted permission to post, so have placed my first effort in Member Releases
              hope you all enjoy. Having trouble operating the posting process though, please have patience.

JK.
              Here's a sticky thread that discusses how to post a few different audio widgets - Soundcloud, Bandcamp, etc. Hope this helps a little

Comment

Welcome!

One of my favorite ambient albums has pedal steel on it: Eno's Apollo.

Glad you found your way here!

Comment

Working...
                X