Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Michael Brückner

Cheers everone! :-)

I'm happy to have found - and joined - this forum. Thanks for letting me in! :-)

To briefly introduce myself:

I'm a German ambient / electronica artist and started to dabble in this field of creativity back in 1992 (as an autodidact without formal musical training).
    In the more than 20 years since I have created quite a few albums, most of which are self-distributed (more recently, a handful of them also appeared on small independent labels like SynGate, Klangwirkstoff or BI-ZA Records).
    For the first fourteen years of my musical activities, I worked almost exclusively in the obscurity of my little bedroom studio, until 2006 I got (more or less) dragged by a friend into the world of social networks to present my humble creations there.
    I have found a few listeners since then, and many likeminded fellow artists. I also started to perform live occasionally from 2012 on (mostly either living room concerts or on small electronic music festivals).

Born I was in late 1969 in the quite beautiful German town of Heidelberg, where I grew up near to. Since 1995 I live in Mainz (near Frankfurt).
    I have a little family (one daugther, one wife) and earn us a living in my daytime job: actually I'm a printer and also studied graphical design, and work in a very small family-run company (only four people) which offers both: printing and design.

Before concentrating on my musical efforts, I have dabbled in writing and also aspired to become a painter and illustrator. These activities however are on a backburner since many years now, due to a general shortage of spare time to indulge in them.

As a listener, I adore many (many!!!) great musicians, bands and projects. When it comes to ambient (or "introspective electronica") my favorites include Klaus Schulze, Robert Rich, Brian Eno or Markus Reuter - and countless more excellent artists in their vein (or in a different vein).

That's it in a nutshell - if You happen to be curious and want to know more about me, You can have a look at these interviews (for example).

http://www.cerebralrift.org/2014/11/...ner-interview/

http://www.15questions.net/interview...uckner/page-1/

Examples for my own efforts in this wide and wonderful genre You can find here...

https://michaelbrueckner.bandcamp.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/BruecknerAmbient

Last edited by BruecknerAmbient; 07-06-2016, 03:48 AM.

Welcome to Ambient Online! I'm very glad you have joined us

Comment

Thanks a lot. I'm glad, too! :blush:

Comment

Welcome to Ambient Online, Michael!
        remst8 - remst8.com

Comment

Been following you and your music for awhile now. Nice to FINALLY have you with us!

Cheers,
          -S1gns
          Synphaera Records
          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Welcome to AO!

Comment

Originally posted by remst8 View Post
              Welcome to Ambient Online, Michael!
              Thank You!

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
              Been following you and your music for awhile now. Nice to FINALLY have you with us!

Cheers,
              -S1gns
              Thanks a lot. Oh - following: I hope that hasn't been boring... ;) And yes: finally - it's a very fine forum here, there were times when I looked around for some, no idea why I didn't notice it much earlier....

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
              Welcome to AO!
              Thank You!

Comment

Just another Grüßgott from the south of Germany . Lots of great stuff on your bandcamp!
                www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

Tach auch aus Hannover! :thumbsup:

Only one wife? There is something going wrong in your life!!! :biggrin:
                  Latest Album (Sept. 2020): Tenth Region Of The Night
                  Soundcloud - Bandcamp - Youtube - Essentia Mundi - Winter-Light

Comment

Originally posted by phoenstorm View Post
                    Just another Grüßgott from the south of Germany . Lots of great stuff on your bandcamp!
                    Gott zum Gruß, junger Freund!

And thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by betadecay View Post
                      Tach auch aus Hannover! :thumbsup:
                      Tachchen! (...das Wort mit dem Doppel-Zeha ;) )

Originally posted by betadecay View Post
                      Only one wife? There is something going wrong in your life!!! :biggrin:
                      Oh, it's challenge enough for the time being...

Comment

Guten morgen Michael.
                        Welcome to AO, look forward to listening to your music.
                        Spent several happy years in Germany, statoned at RAF Gatow, beautiful country and lovely people.
                        Cheers
                        James.
                        Please feel free to check out my music - thank you
                        https://olivary.bandcamp.com/music

Comment

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story :thumbsup:

Comment

Welcome, wonderful music :-)

IvanB

Comment

Working...
                            X