Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeting all!

Hi fellow ambient music folks!

I have been a full time musician for decades, much of the time, especially in recent years, playing various ambient styles, but for some reason, I have never stumbled across this forum until today! I signed up immediately...

I mostly play dark ambient music, and specifically, I play music influenced by the works of H. P. Lovecraft and other Mythos authors and I use means of sound generation put forth by Italian Futurism (primarily Luigi Russolo) to create the timbres and samples I use in my music. 99% of my sounds are acoustically made, with some of them being manipulated in the studio, but mostly they are originally percussion (traditional percussion from various cultures playing traditionally or using extended techniques), instruments I have built (percussion or otherwise), or household items re-purposed to be noise makers. My main project is Seesar, and I work as part of the collective New Leaders of the Eldritch Cult, as well as I am a sound designer for Gothic and fairy tale immersive performance company Dread Falls Theatre.

I am a full time musician/composer/percussionist. The only other thing I do is Ethnomusicology research. I have written a number of papers on musical instruments and their construction interacting dialectically in the cultural, social, and historical settings in which they are played and built. I won't rant about that here. Not much of it deals directly with ambient music, although, some of it does, perhaps.

I have lived in various states and countries, most recently London, UK, but I currently live in Portland, OR (just moved here two months ago).

You can visit my website for more info or to hear my music (I'll post in the member's music section, too).

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to engaging with the community! Cheers all!
    Will
    Seesar / New Leaders of the Eldritch Cult
    Percussionist / Ethnomusicologist
    Download Free Dark Ambient Music at Seesar's New Official Website!
    http://SeesarMusic.com

Hello Will

Welcome to the ambientonline forum.

From reading your intro I recon that you would love taking part in the One Sample Dare challenge which gets us to create a piece from just one sound recording and then manipulating it out of all recognition

I look forward to listening to your work.

Cheers

andy :D
    >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
      Hello Will

Welcome to the ambientonline forum.

From reading your intro I recon that you would love taking part in the One Sample Dare challenge which gets us to create a piece from just one sound recording and then manipulating it out of all recognition

I look forward to listening to your work.

Cheers

andy :D

Hi Andy and thanks for the welcome! Cheers!

If I can find the time with promoting a new release, recording my next one with a deadline of the end of Jan, and starting to work on a new podcast for Dread Falls Theatre's upcoming series of spin off stories based on Lovecraft's Innsmouth tales, then yeah! Sounds like a winner to me! (That sounded a little overly self-promoting. I just meant I'm busy, but sounds fun!) Let me see how I can organize myself for the next few days and I'll jump in on that one. Right up my street to be sure!

Cheers Andy! Thanks again!
      Will

Comment

Yes, you do indeed sound very busy :biggrin:

Has Dread Falls moved over the other side of the Pond too?
        >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
          Yes, you do indeed sound very busy :biggrin:

Has Dread Falls moved over the other side of the Pond too?
          Not at this point. Working with them long distance for the moment. The director, Victoria Snaith, is coming to Portland at the beginning of the year to start recording for the podcast (the music part of the podcast. The actors should all be recorded by then), and then she goes back to the UK for a while. DFT has so many performances next year, it's ridiculous, but I think they only need my sound design services for three or so of those, plus the podcasts. It would be great for me if they came to Portland. I doubt they can all move, though, so slim chance of that happening. It's not out of the question, though. DFT is mostly Victoria, her assistant director, and a core group of actors/actresses, the lighting engineer, the costume designer, the puppet making team (led by Victoria), and the make up artist. Some folks may be able to be replaced, if needed, but it's a pretty great team currently, so I doubt Victoria will want to break that up. That being said, I would welcome them here in a heartbeat!

Comment

Welcome to Ambient Online! Glad you found us. Congratulations on a successful musical career! I look forward to exploring your music and sound design.

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
              Welcome to Ambient Online! Glad you found us. Congratulations on a successful musical career! I look forward to exploring your music and sound design.
              Cheers! Already enjoying being here! Nice to have a good community of chat for like-minded noise makers! Thanks! Definitely gonna check out H. P. Dronecraft! Obviously my sort of people...

Comment

Originally posted by kingseesar View Post
                Originally posted by Windspace View Post
                Cheers! Already enjoying being here! Nice to have a good community of chat for like-minded noise makers! Thanks! Definitely gonna check out H. P. Dronecraft! Obviously my sort of people...
                Not much there yet (H.P. Dronecraft), but it is an ongoing collaboration. More to come...

Comment

Welcome to AO, glad you found your way here.

HP Dronecraft has been a bit lazy, that happens when you work with hippies living in Colorado.

Comment

Working...
                  X