Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Patafractal

Hello there

Let me introduce myself. My alter ego is Patafractal, I have been creating ambient music for about 4 years now.

Making and discovering music is also a journey, let me quickly tell you about mine. Started with The Beatles, got turned on to hardcore punk rock (Minor Threat, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys etc), when that got boring I got into classical music.

Via Hildegard von Bingen and Satie I got into Brian Eno, then early Steve Roach, Tangerine Dream, Aphex Twin, Altus, Sunn O)) and many others – yet that journey is not over yet !

Because of the DIY punk thing I tried to create ambient music myself and that is probably one of the best ideas I ever had.

My other creative passion is creating fractal videos for the music because those fractals work quite well with ambient and drone music.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best

Patafractal

Hello Patafractal,

Welcome to the AO forum

With a name like that, you could do with giving us a hand in this thread:-

http://www.ambientonline.org/forum/s...a-Users-Thread

We're all pretty new to fractal vids here and a couple of us are just getting to know Chaotica.

This thread may also be of interest:-

http://www.ambientonline.org/forum/s...s-and-software

I look forward to hearing and seeing some of your creations :D

cheers

andy
    >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Thank you for your kind words !

Andy, I must say that I am not that big a fan of flame fractals and of Chaotica. It is just too...well, chaotic.

There are however many other applications that can produce 2D and 3D fractals. I could write a guide if anyone is interested. And since I have been lurking around here for far too long I can also offer a guide to video editing software. How about those proposals.

As for my music and fractal videos I shall post a link in the Member Releases section so you can make up your own mind.

Have a good time !

P.

Comment

Any help would be appreciated :D
          >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Welcome to AO and thank you for sharing!

Comment

Greetings, welcome aboard the AO space craft.

Comment

Working...
              X