Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Virginia!

Hey all! You guys can call me Micky.
    I found this place from a dubstepforum thread i think.. been lurking around here for a few weeks and finally decided to make an account.

I grew up around my uncle who was a huge dnb head, always blasting the shit in the house and in his car, but never really knew what it was. I think i grew some sort of subconscious liking to it. finally discovered it on my own around 2008 and couldn't get enough of it.

When i started listening to jungle i fell in love with the atmospheres and intelligent side of the electronic spectrum, eventually found triphop/downtempo etc., then i found Aphex Twin's ambient works album and Soma FM's mission control station, never heard anything like it before.

I've been producing for about two years and never really gone anywhere outside of dnb, but here's my bandcamp, http://mickyhayden.bandcamp.com/ (kind of outdated, haven't uploaded anything in awhile)

I don't really know much about ambient music other than what i mentioned before, but i'm always looking to expand my horizon and maybe some of you cats could educate me during my stay here. :mrcool:

Hey Micky,

Awesome to have you with us! You'll find that many of the people here all come from very different backgrounds other than ambient music but were lead to the genre in some way or another. Judging on your past experience, it seems you are traveling along a similar path.

Really glad you decided to make an account. Looking forward to checking out your music too.

Welcome to AO!

-S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

hey there!

Comment

Welcome, Micky, to the forum..you're in the right place to learn about all things ambient. ;)

Comment

Working...
        X