Hello from mr_melvis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from mr_melvis

I have just discovered the Ambient Online community through a music project collaboration with one of it's members (BioDiode). I have been making music with computers since 1986 (sequencing MIDI in DOS), a bass player for 47 years, and retired IT professional. I look forward to participating in the forums and seeing what others are doing in their studios. I am always looking to do collaboration projects as well, so if ever interested just let me know. Here's a rundown of my hard/software:

PC: i7 4690 OC'ed and water-cooled to 4gHz, 32 GB RAM, 256GB SSD for OS, 256GB SSD for Apps, 500GB SSD for music libraries, 1TB HDD for loops and samples, Echo Audio Layla 3G PCI card, M-Audio Midisport 4x4

DAW: Ableton Suite 10

PLUGINS (all paid for!): EastWest Composer Cloud X, NI Komplete 10, Omnisphere 2, Sonic Acadamy Nicky Romero Kick, Sylenth 1, Dada Life Sausage Fattener and Endless Smile, Waves NX / SSL / Tune Real-Time / Tune, Izotope Neutron Advanced / Ozone 7

HARDWARE: Carvin DX1642 mixer, Alesis RA-100 reference amp, Behringer Truth B2031P monitors, novation Zero SLMkII midi controller, Roland JV80 synthesizer (main controller), ARP DGX Pro analog synth, Flat KAT digital drum kit, Alesis DM5 drum module, Peavey DynaBass / Foundation (fretless), Fender Jazz Bass (fretless), Fender Ashbory Bass, Fender Rumble 500W head / 1x15 cab / 4x10 cab

Glad to have you here!

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_melvis View Post
      I have just discovered the Ambient Online community through a music project collaboration with one of it's members (BioDiode). I have been making music with computers since 1986 (sequencing MIDI in DOS), a bass player for 47 years, and retired IT professional. I look forward to participating in the forums and seeing what others are doing in their studios. I am always looking to do collaboration projects as well, so if ever interested just let me know. Here's a rundown of my hard/software:

PC: i7 4690 OC'ed and water-cooled to 4gHz, 32 GB RAM, 256GB SSD for OS, 256GB SSD for Apps, 500GB SSD for music libraries, 1TB HDD for loops and samples, Echo Audio Layla 3G PCI card, M-Audio Midisport 4x4

DAW: Ableton Suite 10

PLUGINS (all paid for!): EastWest Composer Cloud X, NI Komplete 10, Omnisphere 2, Sonic Acadamy Nicky Romero Kick, Sylenth 1, Dada Life Sausage Fattener and Endless Smile, Waves NX / SSL / Tune Real-Time / Tune, Izotope Neutron Advanced / Ozone 7

HARDWARE: Carvin DX1642 mixer, Alesis RA-100 reference amp, Behringer Truth B2031P monitors, novation Zero SLMkII midi controller, Roland JV80 synthesizer (main controller), ARP DGX Pro analog synth, Flat KAT digital drum kit, Alesis DM5 drum module, Peavey DynaBass / Foundation (fretless), Fender Jazz Bass (fretless), Fender Ashbory Bass, Fender Rumble 500W head / 1x15 cab / 4x10 cab
      Nice gear you've got, I'm running on an Asus board with a 6-core AMD processor 3.4 GHz and 32 GB of Crucial Ballistix ram- I was looking to switch to a water-cooling system next, but don't know which would be the most reliable- (any suggestions?) Lots of storage, the O.S. is on a Seagate 4 TB hybrid drive with S.S.D. cache (Enterprise edition, not the cheap desktop version) I'll be looking to upgrade to Ableton 10, but for now on 9.7.3, plus all that other stuff like FL Studio 12, all kinds of Native Instruments plugins like Kontakt 5 and Reaktor 6, also iOS apps such as GarageBand on an iPad Pro, Korg iM1, Korg iWaveStation, and a Korg Kronos Platinum 88-key synthesizer workstation, which also couples as the midi controller.

My main recording setup right now is hardware based, with a TASCAM DP24-SD, setup to record 24 tracks to SD card, and export masters or individual tracks in 24-bit 48 kHz to PC for post-processing, etc. Using Soundblaster Xfi Studio- 24-bit DAC with 118 s.n.r as audio card (although it's about time to replace it). Using passive studio monitors KRK 4 ST's these are a bit dated but sound pretty good for my setup, run through an RCA Professional Series amp.

Also occasionally, I still use the Fender Strat with the Roland GR20 guitar synth, and customized Gibson SG, along with a Yamaha APX-5A acoustic electric for my guitars.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and looking forward to hearing some of your stuff!
      Last edited by Sonic Bodhi; 02-04-2018, 04:07 PM.
      https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
      https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
      https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
      https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

Comment

Sonic Bodhi Thank you for your feedback - Asus board here too! You've got a hell of a setup as well - congrats! If ever any interest in seeing if we can make a track together, just let me know - I did collaborations!

Comment

I have posted today the track that BioDiode and I worked on - the link is in the Members Release area of the Forum. Please provide some feedback if you would - thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X