Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm Micha :)

Hey all,

since I've been here for some weeks now, I thought I should als introduce myself officially! So, I'm Micha fro Hannover, Germany, 31 years old and since I was a child I was passionate about music. I like all kinds of styles, listened to a lot of Metal and Rock stuff, I love Jazzrock / Fusion, Prog Rock and generally music of the 70s (first half especially), Jazz, "Worldmusic" (whatever that is), especially Latin and African music but also good electronic music (preferably stomping) and of course Ambient - that's how I got here. I always had a faible for atmospheric music and it doesn't get any more atmospheric than Ambient. I started listening to Ambient on a regular basis when I got a Tinnitus (first row at a metal concert - my parents were right). Among my favourite artists are Biosphere, Mathias Grassow, Rapoon, Northaunt, Lustmord. But already now I discovered so much more really good tracks from people in this forum and via soundcloud, it's just awesome.

I was trained as a guitarist but am mainly playing the Piano now, I can also play some rhythms on percussion so yeah everything that has strings, keys or produces a rhythm is what I like to play. I also got into field recordings recently after I thought for a long time that it must be so much fun to record nature sounds. I'm working as a biologist as well and I love to travel, so it just makes sense for me to record such sounds wherever I am. My other big passion besides music are plants, and I am really into permaculture. But here I will mainly focus on the music, obviously!

So, looking forward to have some nice talks and get tons of inspiration from you guys!

Here you can check what I'm recording: https://soundcloud.com/user-769640726-833291896

Welcome Here Micha and nice introduction
    Regards, Dan Stanley of imogen projekt.
    Ableton Live, Cockos Reaper, Omnisphere, Sampler, Kontakt
    https://splice.com/spicygod

Comment

Hi micha and welcome to the forum. Since I already follow you on soundcloud I listened to some of your music and find some interesting pieces, especially from Micha & Sonia project. This new song Njoum very good I enjoyed it very much.

Comment

Thank you guys!
        Yeah I noticed you already, really nice song from your side as well! Glad you like the song

Comment

Nice to have you here.

If you want a permaculture sub-forum then just yell.
          Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
            Nice to have you here.

If you want a permaculture sub-forum then just yell.
            haha, could be interesting to integrate this concept into music production ;)

Comment

Hello Micha

Welcome to the ambient online community

It looks like you are already well settled in here

cheers

andy
              I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Welcome! Very nice tracks.

Comment

Welcome sir
                  Checked checked out some of your SoundCloud. Really good stuff.

I I completely sympathize with you're having Tinnitus as I am a suffer as well. much like you I believe it happened from one particular concert. I saw George thorogood about 10 years ago and that high pitched slide guitar really did a number on me. To this day I can't go to a concert or listen to very loud music with it all blending together into one big Bassy mush. if somebody whistles or claps around me it goes right through my nerves and almost hurts my teeth.

Ambient music is really a godsend. Is easy on my ears and I can separate the notes from one another without it all blending together.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome!
                      Bandcamp | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by George Johnson View Post
                        Welcome sir
                        Checked checked out some of your SoundCloud. Really good stuff.

I I completely sympathize with you're having Tinnitus as I am a suffer as well. much like you I believe it happened from one particular concert. I saw George thorogood about 10 years ago and that high pitched slide guitar really did a number on me. To this day I can't go to a concert or listen to very loud music with it all blending together into one big Bassy mush. if somebody whistles or claps around me it goes right through my nerves and almost hurts my teeth.

Ambient music is really a godsend. Is easy on my ears and I can separate the notes from one another without it all blending together.
                        Yep, i got really sensitive about loud music... If it's too much I'll have to leave. Still, it's so much fun

Thank you guys!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                          X