Florian Schneider RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florian Schneider RIP

Just seen the announcement on the BBC website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52564281

Sad news indeed.
    I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Main Sequence available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

I think I first heard AutoBahn (the single) in 1975. It must have made an impression on me. Later that year I heard Rubycon/Ricochet/Phaedra. I was hooked
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Good grief, this is bad news. 73 is too soon.
      I remember when Autobaun was getting mainstream airplay within a year of the release of Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells. Those two records, borrowing from the new minimalists' scene of Steve Reich, Terry Riley, Philip Glass, bringing short repeating patterns to the ears of the commercial radio station listener.

Although I owned both 'Ralf und Florian' and 'Autobahn' and later 'Radio Activity', it was the albums 'Man Machine' and 'Computer World' that would really cause me to become a Kraftwerk fanatic!
      Florian with Kraftwerk, were the epitomy of the electro-minimalists...I can't name anyone in their class. But the 80`s new wave electronic scene may not have happened if not for those two Kraftwerk albums.
      - Favorite album - Electric Caf'e
      - Favorite song - Techno Pop / Musique Non-Stop

Last edited by annode; 05-06-2020, 10:14 PM.
      "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annodeMy Music
      Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

Comment

some sad news for sure ..... i still want the First three albums to be given the remix treatment as promised :-)

Comment

Nooooo, [email protected]$%$# !! what a sad new , this 2020 year sucks at levels that are hard to believe..
          https://soundcloud.com/crepuscular

Comment

Radio-Aktivit├Ąt and Trans Europa Express are still some of my favorite records. I like the lyrics - very simple, but somehow timeless.

And yes, Tubular Bells, Klaus Schulze and Tangerine Dream... That time (I was an born in 1960) was exciting! Long, repetitive instrumental pieces... Totally new to me. Was even better with some support..

Soundcloud - Bandcamp - Youtube - Essentia Mundi

Comment

Working...
            X