Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    Just a heads up, that I released this library 2 days ago, somehow the announcement is not showing in the News section so here it is:

Scattered Entity Vol. 1 is the first library in a series of releases for MOTU's MachFive 3. Over time an entire universe of sounds for this extremely versatile electronic instrument will be created, combining the beauty and natural expression of acoustic instruments with the unlimited possibilities of state-of-the-art sound design.

Specifications and content:

• 4.38 GB of samples (wav/stereo/48 Khz/24 Bit).
      121 patches/instruments + 8 variations, combining all synthesis methods available in MachFive.

• Multisampled instruments, pure and and combined with electronics
      Evolving pads
      Vocal texures
      Experimental and abstract textures
      Cinematic and ominous soundscapes and drones
      Complex sequencers
      Processed field recordings
      Orchestral sounds derived from orchestral recordings of my own music

Sampled Instruments:

• Celtic harp with 27 strings - multisampled with several velocity layers and round robin, harp glissandi, bisbigliando and more
      Timpani
      Waterphone
      other string instruments (violin, piano, cello)
      Woodwinds (sax/duduk)
      Chromatic and achromatic percussion (Thai gongs, Tamtam, bowed and beaten vibraphone, tibetan singing bowls, Glockenspiel)

20 patches have custom scripting for extended sound manipulation features and a user interface (check out the videos below), all non-scripted patches have the Modwheel and the 8 Macros assigned in the info tab, many also use Aftertouch.

Scripting by Iain Morland.

All acoustic instrument-samples in this library were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R at 48 Khz/24 Bit, a U87 as the center mic - a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R. The field recoordings were made with a pair of Sennheiser shotguns inside a windshield cage, mounted on a boom recorded onto a Tascam HD-P2 recorder.

Patch categories:

• Celtic Harp - 13 + 1 variation
      Mallets - 5 + 2 variations
      Orchestral - 3
      Pads - 11 + 1 variation
      Percussion - 8 + 2 variations
      Sequencer - 8
      Soundscapes - 17 + 2 variations
      Strings - 4
      Synths - 12
      Timpani - 10
      Voices - 7
      Waterphone - 19
      Woodwinds - 4

You can view/download the PDF for this library with more details, the licence agreement, and the patchlist here

Delivery: download - RAR-archive in 5 parts for better download handling - download size: 2.68 GB - fast download speeds guaranteed.

Please note: this library requires the full version of MachFive 3 (version 3.2 and higher), it will not work with the UVI workstation.

Price (paypal): € 79 Euro.

All demos below were produced entirely with MachFive 3 using only patches from Scattered Entity Vol. 1, no post-processing was applied apart from a limiter on the outputs and some volume automation, if several instances of MachFive were used in a track. If a demo does use 3rd party reverb, this is mentioned in the track title.

Product page with many videos demonstrating and explaining some of the patches and pictures of the sampled instruments.

Thank's for reading!

Simon Stockhausen

----

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    Teaser video, video artist Jim Gawne aka Mandolarian:

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    I think we have a library…just finished finalizing the last patch, after a night's sleep I'll check everything again tomorrow, write the PDF and then hopefully release this baby on Friday. I'll skip the djembe for now, sample it later and give it to all Scattered Entity-customers for free when it's ready.

We have 4.36 GB of samples, 120+ patches, plus some variations - also low CPU versions of some patches. Sometimes also several variations inside a patch are available via keyswitches.

What a crazy project….

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    I was speaking too soon, this is probably the last demo for Scattered Entity combining three patches:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/farewell-demo-scattered-entity

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    Probably the last demo for this library combining several patches and some freshly sampled harp glissandi:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/last-interlude-demo-scattered

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    I just can't stop making demos at the and of a MachFive day, trying out the finalized patches in real-life:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/minor-excursion-demo-scattered

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    Two pad sounds and some timpani rolls from Scattered Entity in this track - 100% MachFive:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/layered-nostalgia-demo

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    Here is a fresh video - 40+ minutes long - demonstrating/explaining plenty of the waterphone patches in this library which are now all finalized:

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    After a long day with Scattered Entity finalizing plenty of patches I just needed an impro as a reward. So here is little video with 2 patches "Moanaphone" made from/with with waterphone samples and "SETI Synth" which only uses synth engines.

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    Going through some celtic harp patches from Scattered Entity in this rather long video, this time with myself explaining things:

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    The now scripted patch "Muted Thai Gongs Split" in a little demo video, playing the sequence I composed for the audio demo in 2 passes tweaking the controls live, of course all controls can be automated via Midi CCs as well.

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    Two timpani patches in this track: "Bouncing Timps Granular" made with granulated samples of dropping rubber balls on the timp and then moving the pedal up and down (sending the sound through the Auto Wah FX in the end of the demo) - and "Timpani Dynamic Rolls" with several dynamic timp rolls/swells at different velocities, long/short/hard beater/soft beater...sub-bass fiesta!

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/timpani-thunder-demo-scattered

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    Stepping through some of the scripted patches from Scattered Entity Vol. 1 in this video here - Evil Grains, Scape Synth, VibraQuencer, Vibratophone:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 10-29-2013, 02:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    Three patches in one track: Timpani Comb Thunder - Harp Synth - VibraQuencer - 100% MachFive.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/almost-innocent-demo-scattered

Leave a comment:

• Sampleconstruct
    replied
    Two MachFive-3 patches ("Waterphone Calm Textures" and "Scape Synth") processed with B2 reverb compose this dark drone texture.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/dark-drone-scape-demo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X