Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BR3 Space Night...

Hello Guys,
    BR3 (a german television channel) had a night show (aired from midnight to the dawn of day) called 'space night'. it was a founded by people who where sick of showing and looking at a testscreen after the official program ended in the night. so they invented the space night. after midnight they showed nasa + esa footage with ambient and trippy music in the background for the rest of the night... which got a large fanbase after a while. after 20 years BR3 wanted to cancel the 'show' some time ago. but the original founders and a large community of fans brought the space night back again now (its really cult here in germany...)! and the fun part is that all the music comes from the web community now (in the past all the music did come from known artists)! so if you´re interested in a collab with a tv station and like to see your music with really cool nasa/esa footage you can try out and upload a song or two. here´s the link to the space night page (with streams of some past aired shows): http://www.br.de/fernsehen/bayerisch...ght/index.html
    it´s all in german. if anyone needs a hand, just tell me...
    space night should have some of the songs of you great artists here from 'ambient online'

good n8.
    <3, crz

I used to watch Space Night around fifteen years ago when I had analogue satellite tv; you could receive a lot of German channels that way. Not sure if it was the same channel but I remember watching a similar program but showed science fiction images (alien landscapes, nebulas etc, slowly scanning and panning around them) instead of the nasa etc. footage. After a while it seemed like the same half a dozen images constantly repeated...
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up on this - there's an instructions page in English too. I have one or two pieces which should fit right in ;)

One question: on the file upload page, the section on acceptable file formats, for MP3 files it says in brackets '(mind. 160kBit/s)' does this mean only 160kB or minimum 160kB?
      Last edited by Thought Experiment; 11-21-2013, 02:20 AM. Reason: question added
      My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
      Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

Originally posted by Thought Experiment View Post
        Thanks for the heads-up on this - there's an instructions page in English too. I have one or two pieces which should fit right in ;)

One question: on the file upload page, the section on acceptable file formats, for MP3 files it says in brackets '(mind. 160kBit/s)' does this mean only 160kB or minimum 160kB?
        it means a minimum of 160kBit/s...

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
          I used to watch Space Night around fifteen years ago when I had analogue satellite tv; you could receive a lot of German channels that way. Not sure if it was the same channel but I remember watching a similar program but showed science fiction images (alien landscapes, nebulas etc, slowly scanning and panning around them) instead of the nasa etc. footage. After a while it seemed like the same half a dozen images constantly repeated...
          hey Gray, i´m not sure if this was THE Space Night from BR3. but probably could be... you can check out the link i posted for more info, they also have some shows online...

Comment

Thanks for mentioning this show. Its perfect for electronic music of which I have just submitted 2 tracks from my Thought Guild project a retro synth improv collab I was involved in many moons ago!

Comment

Working...
            X