• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambient Mechanics
    replied
    Originally posted by MetaDronos View Post
    Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post
    Originally posted by GaryG View Post
    One of those apps you open and stare at then realise you have no idea what to do with it.

The examples certainly sound interesting so will investigate...
    I'm glad you think so. G...I was starting to think I was the only one who got that impression upon loading them. I guess with a little work and time, we'd get our heads around them..but I do wish they were more "user friendly". Still, the possible sounds you can get out of them are worth the effort of applying ourselves..I think. :biggrin:

I suggest to think about ArtWonk like it is a modular instrument or NI Reaktor ensemble. There are input, output and transformation modules, there are connections between them. There are clocks, counters, stepped arrays of values, and so on.
    Visually it's a mess - I admit it - but functionally there is nothing in it more alien than structures known from modular insttruments or Reaktor ensembles.
    Thanks, MD..will keep that in mind..though I don't use Reaktor myself, it still helps get a mental grip on how to use it..much appreciated. :tu:

Leave a comment:

• MetaDronos
    replied
    Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post
    One of those apps you open and stare at then realise you have no idea what to do with it.

I'm glad you think so. G...I was starting to think I was the only one who got that impression upon loading them. I guess with a little work and time, we'd get our heads around them..but I do wish they were more "user friendly". Still, the possible sounds you can get out of them are worth the effort of applying ourselves..I think. :biggrin:

I suggest to think about ArtWonk like it is a modular instrument or NI Reaktor ensemble. There are input, output and transformation modules, there are connections between them. There are clocks, counters, stepped arrays of values, and so on.
    Visually it's a mess - I admit it - but functionally there is nothing in it more alien than structures known from modular insttruments or Reaktor ensembles.

Leave a comment:

• artao
    replied

Exactly! LOL :uh:
    It does look interesting and worth figuring out what to do with tho. Some of the sounds I heard in the demos reminded me distinctly of what I used to get out of good ol' DOS Fractint. Fractal whoops and shivers.
    Time to read some help files. :nerd:

Leave a comment:

• Ambient Mechanics
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Makrotulpa
    replied
    Wild! Will have to see if Wine will run the custom install on Mac.

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied
    Originally posted by MetaDronos View Post
    Originally posted by Windspace View Post
    Are these applications resource hungry in their current incarnation, or will they run on an older (5 yrs.) Windows machine?
    They are definitely lightweight. I use them on older XP machine.
    Cool! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• meta4
    replied
    Interesting stuff Meta
    thanks for the heads up :tu:

Leave a comment:

• MetaDronos
    replied
    Originally posted by Windspace View Post
    Are these applications resource hungry in their current incarnation, or will they run on an older (5 yrs.) Windows machine?
    They are definitely lightweight. I use them on older XP machine.

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MetaDronos
    started a topic ArtWonk and MusicWonk now freeware!

ArtWonk and MusicWonk now freeware!

ArtWonk and MusicWonk now freeware! http://algoart.com

awscreenshot2.jpg

mwscreenshot2.jpg

Legendary generative creation tools are now freeware!
Working...
X