Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've Moved!

If you're seeing this, we're moved.

I'll be moving AO to its new host today. I'll try to make it as quick and painless as possible, but some downtime may occur. For that I apologize.

Our new host will be better for us, but some basic permissions may change because of more limited space. All paid subscriptions will remain the same, but for unpaid members, some packages may be reduced, such as attachment storage.

I want to thank all of you who have made AO such a wonderful and pleasant place to be on the internet, and such a valuable resource for Ambient in all its forms.

I'm going to change some settings now so that people can't post until the move is made. I'm doing this so that no posts or PMs will be lost.

Wish us luck!

If you're seeing this, we're moved.

If you're seeing this message, we've moved, and you can carry on posting.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Comment

Is it just me or does AO seem to be faster now?! Clicking around the forums feels really snappy.

Loving it so far!!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks to our fearless leader for putting so much hard work into it! :D
      Synphaera Records
      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

I hope we're faster and that our email doesn't give us problems like it has in the past.

Hopefully people will get their registration emails on-time now. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Dax IX View Post
          I hope we're faster and that our email doesn't give us problems like it has in the past.

Hopefully people will get their registration emails on-time now. :thumbsup:
          Wouldn't that be nice?! Here's to keeping our hopes up!!!

:hug:
          Synphaera Records
          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

I was wondering where the email notes went:dunno:....good work!!:sing:

Comment

Good job Dax IX. This site responds much faster on this host than on the old. :thumbsup:
              Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

It appears to have gone smooth as... something... really... smooth.;)

Comment

Barry White?
                  Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
                    Barry White?
                    Seismic1: Jack Daniels? :roll:
                    Synphaera Records
                    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Laphroaig

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
                        Laphroaig
                        Bless you!

Comment

Didn't we just go through this? :hmmm:

Anyway, I need to move AO again, and I'll either be doing it tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking that tonight might be better because almost no one is online on Friday evenings.

I had to purchase dedicated server hosting for my company, and since I have 1TB of space a quad-core Xeon CPU with hyperthreading, I figured I'd save some money and drop my VPS hosting for AO and DaxIX.com

I've noticed a considerable speed increase with this server, too.

I'll give it a couple of hours and then close everything down here temporarily while the move occurs.

The board will say that it's down for maintenance, so when it's open again, you'll know it.

Thanks all for your patience!

Comment

Originally posted by Dax IX View Post
                            Didn't we just go through this? :hmmm:

Anyway, I need to move AO again, and I'll either be doing it tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking that tonight might be better because almost no one is online on Friday evenings.

I had to purchase dedicated server hosting for my company, and since I have 1TB of space a quad-core Xeon CPU with hyperthreading, I figured I'd save some money and drop my VPS hosting for AO and DaxIX.com

I've noticed a considerable speed increase with this server, too.

I'll give it a couple of hours and then close everything down here temporarily while the move occurs.

The board will say that it's down for maintenance, so when it's open again, you'll know it.

Thanks all for your patience!
                            See you on other SITE ;)
                            SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
                            Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
                            "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Chasin' Dax around the interwebz

Comment

Working...
                              X