Update and Subscriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update and Subscriptions

First off, let me apologize for not being around lately. I've been extremely busy setting up a couple of RL businesses.

We're at a lull at the moment, so I should be around more for the next few days.

Second, I'm not one to beg to freebies, and I've avoided saying anything about money at all up until now, but it's been brought to my attention that a few people have mentioned the cost of this site.

I'm not going to ask for Donations, which you are free to give if you wish, but what I'd like to ask is that people sign up for paid subscriptions to help pay for the cost of hosting this site and the software used.

I don't want to put ads on Ambient Online, so what I'll ask is for people to view Paid Subscriptions and sign up for the one that they think may be appropriate for them.

They come with enhanced storage here on AO, as well as the ability to have longer signatures and more PMs.

Also, I'm open to suggestions for added benefits to Paid Subscriptions. If there's something I haven't included and you think would be nice, let me know and I'll consider it.

I'm having financial difficulties at the moment which WILL NOT affect the continuing services provided by AO, but I'm at the point where I'm temporarily giving up music production until I can afford to buy back everything I have listed in KVR's Marketplace. Everything I'm legally allowed to sell.

As I said, I'm setting up a couple of Real Life businesses which will eventually provide everything I'll ever need financially, but until we're up and running, it's going to be hard times in our household.

No one needs to provide a dime if they don't want to. AO will always be free to use. All I'm asking is for those that enjoy this site and see its benefits, consider signing up for a Paid Subscription.

I'm happy to contribute with a paid subscription. Thanks for all you do to keep this going.

Comment

Every little bit helps.

Thank you so much! :hug:

Comment

Well this is all good news...except for the part about you temporarily giving up music production. I had no idea things were going that far. :cry: Based on your post, it sounds like these two businesses are going to be very successful (which I truly hope they are!) so hopefully you'll be able to buy back BETTER stuff once you get back on your feet again.

I want nothing but good things for you and I think I speak for everyone here at AO, we wish you nothing but the best! :hug:

-S1gns

To everyone else, we have pondered other things that would be incentives for members and new members to want a paid subscription. Please let us know if you have any ideas. You guys are a creative bunch beyond imagination...help keep AO thriving! Cheers.
        Synphaera Records
        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Woot! I'm a sponsor now.

Coupled with my secret famous-ness, I am getting quite powerful.

Comment

I made a couple of donations in the past. Is this effectively the same as a subscription? I see that I have an enlarged Inbox.
            Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
              Woot! I'm a sponsor now.

Coupled with my secret famous-ness, I am getting quite powerful.
              Thank you! :tu:

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
              I made a couple of donations in the past. Is this effectively the same as a subscription? I see that I have an enlarged Inbox.
              Yes, in effect it is. So far I've moved everyone who has donated using our donation form to the Paid Subscription usergroup.

But you've also got a bigger inbox because of your mod status. ;)

Thanks, BTW!

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                Well this is all good news...except for the part about you temporarily giving up music production. I had no idea things were going that far. :cry: Based on your post, it sounds like these two businesses are going to be very successful (which I truly hope they are!) so hopefully you'll be able to buy back BETTER stuff once you get back on your feet again.

I want nothing but good things for you and I think I speak for everyone here at AO, we wish you nothing but the best! :hug:

-S1gns

To everyone else, we have pondered other things that would be incentives for members and new members to want a paid subscription. Please let us know if you have any ideas. You guys are a creative bunch beyond imagination...help keep AO thriving! Cheers.
                I still have a bunch of NFR stuff, so I won't be completely out of it, and I'm keeping my bass, plus I have Audition that comes with The Creative Cloud, so I'll be fine in the meantime.

I just won't be able to make any Death Ambient. :cry:

Thank you. :hug:

Comment

Ok. If I want to renew, should I wait until the anniversary of the initial donation and then take out a subscription?
                  Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

If you'd like to donate again I will make sure your time in the Contributor usergroup is extended. But that doesn't really matter as your mod permissions give you more storage and abilities.

Comment

Done! I'm not interested so much in the extra space, etc. - at least right now I'm not using them anyway. But I've been meaning to donate at some point. Sounds like about now would be a good time! I'm not sure about the status of individuals around here, but it seems like the prices you're asking for are quite nominal. Thank you for creating this great place and for keeping it going. This feels more like "home" than most of the other forums out there.

Good luck with the new businesses and when you are able to get back into producing music, come back stronger than ever!!!
                      My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

Comment

This is the best possible outcome. All of you stepping up to the plate and donating to help ensure that AO continues to thrive and grow with your support.

It means a lot to us gentlemen, truly! Thank you guys.

Cheers,

-S1gns
                        Synphaera Records
                        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                          Done! I'm not interested so much in the extra space, etc. - at least right now I'm not using them anyway. But I've been meaning to donate at some point. Sounds like about now would be a good time! I'm not sure about the status of individuals around here, but it seems like the prices you're asking for are quite nominal. Thank you for creating this great place and for keeping it going. This feels more like "home" than most of the other forums out there.

Good luck with the new businesses and when you are able to get back into producing music, come back stronger than ever!!!
                          I appreciate it!

And hosting AO is my pleasure.

If there are any permissions or features that you'd like to see for Sponsor, just let me know and I'll consider them. :D

Comment

I just donated.
                            http://silentfrill.bandcamp.com/

https://manducator.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you to all who have donated or used our Paid Subscriptions. It will really help pay the bills around here.

Comment

Working...
                              X