Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for space and drone ambient from AO members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by SOF View Post
    Yea about the voice overs, i know, it's because some tracks have such a low volume. i always try to fit them by volume, but like the voice over in the 2nd track, it's almost gone in the music, while its the exact same volume as used in other tracks of the show and i even master them so they don't peak too loud.
    Yeah, tracks of such varying levels is a bit of a pain, and is something that is being discussed here,

    https://www.ambientonline.org/forum/...on-of-loudness

    It would help greatly if you could ask everyone who you are thinking of featuring to provide a version of the track "mastered" to a particular level. Otherwise you would have to do that yourself, and, for an hour long program, that is a bit of a pain.

    I would like to offer, as an experiment, to carry out that process for the next transmission. You could send me all the various files and I could spend a bit of time getting the levels near enough the same, then I'll send each one back, as a separate file so that you can carry out the final fades/crossovers.


    cheers

    andy
    Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by synkrotron View Post

      Yeah, tracks of such varying levels is a bit of a pain, and is something that is being discussed here,

      https://www.ambientonline.org/forum/...on-of-loudness

      It would help greatly if you could ask everyone who you are thinking of featuring to provide a version of the track "mastered" to a particular level. Otherwise you would have to do that yourself, and, for an hour long program, that is a bit of a pain.

      I would like to offer, as an experiment, to carry out that process for the next transmission. You could send me all the various files and I could spend a bit of time getting the levels near enough the same, then I'll send each one back, as a separate file so that you can carry out the final fades/crossovers.


      cheers

      andy
      Thanks!
      I will check the topic and contact you later about this via PM

      Comment


      • #33
        So i decided to create a "best of 2017" episode, 2 hours, not only releases from 2017, but all tracks that have been part of the WOA show on Di.fm in 2017.

        Also some AO members are part of this mix. Enjoy

        Tracklist:
        01. Stars Over Foy - Moust à Ché
        02. Windspace - Ambient Sundae windspace
        03. Synkrotron - Pleione synkrotron
        04. Matt Barlow - An Expanding Universe
        05. ontol - Our Last Dance aoVI
        06. Stars Over Foy - Never Look Back (S.O.F. Drone Mix)
        07. Blank Embrace - Flambeau
        08. Hilyard - Spore Hilyard
        09. Alonefold - Tidal Sky Drift
        10. Stars Over Foy - At The End Of The Ocean II
        11. Adam Pacione - Sodium Lit
        12. Stars Over Foy - Alien Takeover
        13. Bvdub - Too Little Too Late
        14. Vechigen - Water Reflection
        15. Stars Over Foy - Pacific
        16. Hilyard - Windows Hilyard
        17. ontol - Just Yesterday aoVI
        18. CELL - Second Shape Part II
        19. Aestrata - Aestrata
        20. Art Of Drone - Secret Universe
        21. Atmøsphäre - Inner State
        22. Nagayaki Hushimo - Kurama Silence
        23. Eluder - Via Starlight
        24. Hirotaka Shirotsubaki - February
        25. Dune - Hardcore Vibes (Vechigen Ambient Mix)

        Comment


        • #34
          Thank you for including several AO members in your "Best of 2017" podcast. I know that we all appreciate it
          Nothing is a mistake. There’s no win and no fail, there’s only make.— John Cage
          Hear some of my music at hearthis , Soundcloud, Bandcamp, or just say Ello! Also see H.P. Dronecraft collab with ontol.

          Comment


          • #35
            thanks SOF
            Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

            Comment


            • #36
              Great podcast - Sent you a link through your website for a track I think might fit.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ikjoyce View Post
                Great podcast - Sent you a link through your website for a track I think might fit.
                I played your track in my new episode.
                https://www.worldofambient.com/world...-019/#more-519

                Comment


                • #38
                  I assume you have a dropbox account or can access dropbox links- what's the maximum length allowed on each track? I do have an account already on hearthis.at, as well as bandcamp.com

                  I have checked out your page, and I notice that on each and every podcast there is at least one track featured from Stars Over Foy, and in many cases, two tracks. While I have no issue with self-promotion, shouldn't the labeling be a little more accurate- say, 'Stars Over Foy and Friends'? Also, you make an absolute rule against submitting tracks with 'beats', but there is no clear definition of 'beats'. Is the definition of 'no beats allowed' absolutely no percussion, or does this also mean no discernable rhythm in the piece? Because there is ambient with the use of percussiion that is not rhythmic, but used rather as ambient back-ground. For example, my bandcamp track here:

                  http://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/track/out-of-the-fire. (if you want to include it, you may)

                  which makes non-rhythmic use of percussion as ambient background. But if you want to label this as 'beats', there's nothing I can do to stop you. However, simple drone with no ambient elements or changes that translates to a completely colorless wash in most cases doesn't qualify as interesting to me. There are exceptions to the rule, however.

                  All this being said, I have not listened to any of the podcasts as of this writing, so take what I say with a grain of salt, obviously. No one likes to be judged unfairly. I will listen to some of the podcasts so I can have a more informed opinion.

                  EDIT: listening to the very first track on 'the Best of 2017', I note a section of the song which appears to my ears to have a beat. I believe it's one of yours, too? I did enjoy the piece, though- very nicely done!

                  Progressively listening to the podcast, I do note that it has a very nice flow to it- one track flows seamlessly into another, and in ambient especially, this is a desirable effect. Well done!

                  Getting to the last track- there appears to be percussion in it.. not in a discernable 'beat rhythm', so I don't know if this qualifies as 'beatless' or not, even though there is a distinct melody line. I like the ambient forest-type sounds in the background. I guess the definition of ambient, even drone, is subjective, isn't it?

                  I sent you a couple of my bandcamp links via your web page. Choose them or not.
                  Last edited by Sonic Bodhi; 01-12-2018, 04:42 PM.
                  "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Sonic Bodhi thanks for your feedback.

                    Well, you are right with the "beat" in that song, but since it is far on the background i feel able to play this, i decide this track by track, but normally i would ignore beats and drums that are on the foreground, it's just how i feel my show should be. But for me no foreground beats, because they do not fit in the show and on the radio channel i broadcast.

                    Ambient is a complex genre, and everyone has his own standards or ideas of what would fit or not, and i know there are ambient fans and artist out there, that prefer ambient with drums and beats.
                    I think this is the most difficult genre i ever worked in. I did trance, edm, chillout and they all have a some scene standards, but ambient is for everyone different, and that is what i love about ambient.
                    Just listen to the AO compilations, its all ambient but all so different.

                    As for the lenght of the tracks, it doesn't really matter, i edit them for the show. I have played parts of one hour tracks already.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by SOF View Post
                      Sonic Bodhi thanks for your feedback.

                      Well, you are right with the "beat" in that song, but since it is far on the background i feel able to play this, i decide this track by track, but normally i would ignore beats and drums that are on the foreground, it's just how i feel my show should be. But for me no foreground beats, because they do not fit in the show and on the radio channel i broadcast.

                      Ambient is a complex genre, and everyone has his own standards or ideas of what would fit or not, and i know there are ambient fans and artist out there, that prefer ambient with drums and beats.
                      I think this is the most difficult genre i ever worked in. I did trance, edm, chillout and they all have a some scene standards, but ambient is for everyone different, and that is what i love about ambient.
                      Just listen to the AO compilations, its all ambient but all so different.

                      As for the lenght of the tracks, it doesn't really matter, i edit them for the show. I have played parts of one hour tracks already.
                      Yes I know about the AO compilations, my tracks are in 3 of them
                      "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X