Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call for submissions: Intelligent Sound ambient compilation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Call for submissions: Intelligent Sound ambient compilation

    Hi, all.

    I imagine with the new bi-monthly AO compilations, you may not be interested in this, but my friends at Intelligent Sound (local music collective and label here in Kansas City) asked me to share an open invitation to contribute to an ambient compilation they're putting together. (This will be their second ambient comp.)

    The parameters are much the same as AO compilations:
    1) New, unreleased tracks are strongly preferred.
    2) Please submit unmastered .WAV or .AIFF (or other lossless format) files, with around -6dB of headroom. Intelligent Sound will provide the mastering.
    3) Please name the file to clearly indicate your artist name as well as the track title (Artist-Track_Title.wav). I recommend spelling both out clearly in your submission email, too.

    To submit your track, upload it somewhere (Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google Drive, private SoundCloud track, etc.) and send an email to intelligentsoundcollective@gmail.com with the link and relevant details.

    Submissions are due November 1st (or reasonably soon after--they will have a grace period). I apologize for the short notice--I meant to post this much sooner but life kept me distracted.

    Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.

    Cheers,
    remst8
    remst8 - remst8.com

  • #2
    Thanks for posting this!

    Comment


    • #3
      cool - thanks for posting, i'll try to get something for this
      https://soundcloud.com/quietist

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm not seeing the 1st one ?
        https://intelligentsound.bandcamp.com/music
        Show me a call for ambient submissions in regard to this label.
        Last edited by annode; 10-11-2018, 09:52 AM.
        "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annode My Music
        Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by annode View Post
          I'm not seeing the 1st one ?
          https://intelligentsound.bandcamp.com/music
          Show me a call for ambient submissions in regard to this label.
          Here's their first "ambient" compilation: https://intelligentsound.bandcamp.com/album/i

          I have...opinions about how "ambient" some of the tracks are, but I suspect some of that can be chalked up to the fact that most of their regular contributors usually inhabit more beat-oriented genres, and they couldn't get much else. This is probably why they asked me to help cast a wider net.
          remst8 - remst8.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for sharing this. I know it says previously unreleased tracks preferred but would they be adverse to submissions that have previously featured on an AO compilation?
            .oO REALM Oo.
            Facebook || Soundcloud || Bandcamp

            Comment


            • #7
              Realm - I double-checked with them and they would rather not use music that has already been published in other compilations. Sorry.
              remst8 - remst8.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by remst8 View Post
                Realm - I double-checked with them and they would rather not use music that has already been published in other compilations. Sorry.
                No worries chap ... many thanks for inquiring.
                .oO REALM Oo.
                Facebook || Soundcloud || Bandcamp

                Comment


                • #9
                  My work can be a little abstract, but I see there is abstract music on the page, so I will see if I can come up with something before the deadline!
                  Dark ambient horror utilizing a completely-original synthesizer on YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and Facebook.
                  Also join me on the Dark Ambient Discord Server.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Is there a limit to the number of total tracks expected to go on this next album?

                    I notice the last album "only" had 13 tracks on it.

                    cheers

                    andy
                    I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

                    Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just asked about the number of total tracks. They plan to produce a limited quantity of cassettes, so while they aren't aiming for a specific track count, the number, duration, and quality of submissions they receive will determine final track count. (Previous album had a run of cassettes, too.)

                      I also asked about maximum track duration, and they request "less than 15 minutes".

                      Cheers,
                      remst8
                      remst8 - remst8.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        how 'ambient ' do they want? I have a very chilled piece and something less floaty that I can submit. I've not had a chance to review their 1st album yet for reference
                        https://soundcloud.com/quietist

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Quietist View Post
                          how 'ambient ' do they want? I have a very chilled piece and something less floaty that I can submit. I've not had a chance to review their 1st album yet for reference
                          From what I can tell, they aren't very restrictive on their interpretation of 'ambient'. I think any of your chilled music would fit in nicely, and they may even prefer the floaty stuff.
                          remst8 - remst8.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by remst8 View Post
                            I just asked about the number of total tracks. They plan to produce a limited quantity of cassettes, so while they aren't aiming for a specific track count, the number, duration, and quality of submissions they receive will determine final track count. (Previous album had a run of cassettes, too.)

                            I also asked about maximum track duration, and they request "less than 15 minutes".

                            Cheers,
                            remst8
                            Thanks

                            It will be interesting to see if I can get one of my tracks added to a compilation based on "quality"
                            I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

                            Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Track submitted! - just made the deadline

                              https://soundcloud.com/quietist

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X