Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking Crap [PSA]

No, not another negative post from me

I saw this on the BBC website earlier and thought it would be good to share, and, for some of us, could be important:-

https://www.bbc.com/ideas/videos/are...g-way/p07myj7v

Basically, what this article is suggesting is that some of use, who have been using a particular design of toilet, are in danger of suffering various issues when going for a Number Two. Strokes and heart attacks are the worse of those issues, hence the reason for sharing.

I am aware that some may not be able to access the Beeb. If that is the case, and you wish to know more, either post here, or send me a PM if you do not wish to discuss this in public. Briefly, though, "experts" are saying that, as is the practise in many countries already, squatting for a Number Two, is better than sitting. If you don't want to squat, then simply place something under your feet to increase the angle of your legs in relation to your spine.

cheers,

andy
    I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

THIS has been around for quite some time in the states.
    I had a friend that may have had a heart attack from straining...he had a bad heart, ate two cheese steaks in one 8 hr period and was more or less a knuckle-head...but yes, he died crawling from the toilet and was found on the bathroom floor.
    "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annodeMy Music
    Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

Comment

Originally posted by annode View Post
      THIS has been around for quite some time in the states.
      I had a friend that may have had a heart attack from straining...he had a bad heart, ate two cheese steaks in one 8 hr period and was more or less a knuckle-head...but yes, he died crawling from the toilet and was found on the bathroom floor.
      Yeah, it seems it's just me that wasn't aware of this haha!

My eldest son told me he'd known about "squatting" for some years...

Oh well! Every day is a school day

Comment

The creators of that Squatty Potty were on TV here pushing the idea, 'Shark Tank' our equivalent of the British show 'Dragon`s Den', if I've got that right.
        Our fearless leader once referred to third world countries as 'shit hole countries' and caught a good deal of backlash. In fact I think a large part of China squat to do their business. I'm reading here at Wikipedia public 'squat toilets' have been used in countries such as Southern and Eastern Europe including parts of France, in Greece, Albania, Balkans, and Russia they are common. Many areas in China have traditional squat toilets. The trend in Japan is to move away from squat toilets: [Wiki]
        Last edited by annode; 09-13-2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by annode View Post
          The creators of that Squatty Potty were on TV here pushing the idea, 'Shark Tank' our equivalent of the British show 'Dragon`s Den', if I've got that right.
          Our fearless leader once referred to third world countries as 'shit hole countries' and caught a good deal of backlash. In fact I think a large part of China squat to do their business. I'm reading here at Wikipedia public 'squat toilets' have been used in countries such as Southern and Eastern Europe including parts of France, in Greece, Albania, Balkans, and Russia they are common. Many areas in China have traditional squat toilets. The trend in Japan is to move away from squat toilets: [Wiki]
          I'm not that well travelled, but I have come across squat toilets in France once or twice. I never know what to do!

I'm a convert, but I am "improvising" at home, if you know what I mean. My old brief case has come in handy, again

Comment

I wouldn't be able to use one if I came across a public squat. They appear disgusting.
            I've never tried the booster method but all this talk is making me curious now.

If I remember correctly, the main character in the film 'Enter The Void' dies laying in a public facility in Tokyo. One of my top 5 best contemporary movies. If you haven't seen it, you must. Theme = the soul and preparation for reincarnation.
            BTW, listened to your latest update to 'Unexpected Encounter'. Be back later to comment on it.

Comment

I first took a "squat" just over 33 years ago. On that occasion, a snake appeared in the "facility". I rushed outside with my trousers draped fetchingly around my ankles. The locals were highly amused by this phenomenon. I was less enthusiastic.
              Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Working...
              X