No announcement yet.

Ambient-Accompanied Hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently discovered that dark sky / Astrophotography is really really good listening to Ambient.

Comment

I get it. Creative writing, walks, and yoga for me.

Comment

Can definitely see astrophotography /dark sky as ideal. For me it is tai chi and meditation but also more or less everything when I am in a listening mood. Not walking tho when I would rather listen to the live ambience or a podcast. Lots of time gotta say I just like listening to the live ambience of the world around me. been like that for 40 years
        BANDCAMP https://greghooper2.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I often draw and/or write poetry often while I am listening. I find ambient soundscapes to be especially inspiring subject matters since they create such a vivid picture in the mind.
          your friend,
          zweiton

Comment

For some reason I've not visited this topic before now, so I am reading all the posts here for the first time.

Originally posted by zonderziel View Post
            Aside from just sitting and appreciating, what else do you do when listening to ambient?
            And this is probably why I never paid attention to this topic because I really struggle to separate listening tasks from other activities.

I mean, I can listen to music while embarking on say some graphic art project, or when I am out and about, but it is just background music and I can't really say that I am paying attention to it.

But then again, arguing with myself here, that is exactly what "ambient" music should be about, I suppose. Something that you can listen to while doing something else.

I needed to remove a load of weeds from the patio and path in my back garden and I put some of my own stuff on to listen to while I was sat on the floor painstakingly removing each and every weed. Took me about four hours...

But sometimes I want to do nothing but listen to the sounds without any other distractions. Not always possible... I have never been great at meditating and shutting other things out of my mind. So sometimes I may get to the end of a particular track and think, "blimey, that one passed me by!"

Some great posts here, by the way
            I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

My favourite post in all of this topic has to be:-

Originally posted by annode View Post
              Leave the house without your smartphone.
              If your online too much, the thing is still alive even when your not on it. Meaning, you might be thinking your missing out on the action, whatever your action is when your in there.
              Maybe think to minimize your interest in that action a little at a time so your not thinking about what has happened since your were in last. The more your away from it, I would imagine the pull you feel to get back on gets weaker. So maybe just try leaving the house?
              so true
              I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Hello. I like writing. I have mainly written in music fanzines, blogs about technology, etc. Some time ago I wrote a book of poetry, and I have started to write a couple of sci-fi books that I have never finished
                bandcamp |·| youtube |·| facebook |·| soundcloud |·| twitter |·| instagram

Comment

I like to take a foamy bath while listening to some ambient podcasts.

Comment

I relax when listening to ambient or other relaxing music. I lay down for 20 minute everyday, listening and let my thoughts dream away! :-)
                    MindLight

Comment

Working...
                    X