Candlelit inspiration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candlelit inspiration?

Just curious who likes to work with only a candle as their non-computer light source?

I find it inspiring.
    -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

I've done this many times, yes.
    "The only thing that means a thing in the end is what you loved, and who you loved, and you let it take you home..."

Comment

I used to have just a number of candles alight when I was mainly doodling around on guitar/multitrack. Found it doesn't have the same effect with a laptop, maybe the screen just overpowers the candle light...
      Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

I haven't - but will definitely give a try. As a rule I prefer indirect lighting when working on music
        www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

oh yeh av dun that loads of times me especially when me electricity has run out, an all I av is me battery powered lappy, but when the battery runs out to, then yeh candles are a great friend to av, like before today they av brought me so much comfort, me layin there wiv me rollies an me cuppa, candles burning, writing me poems.

but candles are a great inspiration, even when am painting or avin a baff, I will ava few candles burning, wiv me dark ambient music playing in the background.

I painted all my livingroom walls a brown sugar color, well that was the name of the emulsion anyway, I prefere a dark room with a little light, even during the daytime, tho my back room wiv me easle n stuff has white walls as I prefere it that way, as during the day I will see how the colors will jump out the canvas at me.

But yeh bein on me lappy wiv candles burning certainly adds that extra inspiration I think. of course I av me lamp next to me wiv its red light bulb glowing but wiv me brown walls, red lightbulb, me gasfire and candles burning, me monitors humming sumfing like SleepResearch_Facility, yeh thats deffo wot am talkin about lah.

thinking about it now tho

a white room wiv lights off and candles burning workin on me music
          nah that just dusunt do it for me m8 :frown:
          Last edited by meta4; 11-24-2013, 07:36 AM.
          life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

that reminds me, used to have my orange lava lamp blooping away which I found strangely inspirational. Maybe it's arhythmic patterns were a strange kind of metronome, suited to more off the wall musics...

really should find a new bulb for it...
            Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
              that reminds me, used to have my orange lava lamp blooping away which I found strangely inspirational. Maybe it's arhythmic patterns were a strange kind of metronome, suited to more off the wall musics...

really should find a new bulb for it...
              Cool idea, looks like I'll be trawling the car boot sales soon...
              My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
              Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

Same as Gary said..it works fine for me when it comes to writing fiction and stuff..but when using a PC or laptop, the feeling just doesn't seem the same, even though I do still like to have one burning when I can.

Comment

Working...
                X