Future Project Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Project Ideas?

Im always thinking of some new project (yes even before I actually finish some of my existing projects), so I thought maybe we should discuss any upcoming project ideas. Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas that you are considering.

Here are a couple of mine to start things off.

1 - Pull apart my old laptop and remove the monitor because it is dead. I then want to turn it into a desktop system and hook it up to a external monitor for a DAW that can use all the Windows only stuff. I kept this old computer alive for about a decade and I refuse to let it die, besides it is also the computer which has my classic windows games such as Starcraft, Diablo2 etc..

2 - Design some more Ableton devices using the built in FX. So far I have a FSU device and a few others that I can share if anyone wishes.

3 - Re-install Geist on my macbook Pro and start learning how to use this properly.

4 - Learn how to build some FSU devices in Reaktor 5. I've always been put off by the idea of getting my hands dirty with Reaktor, however now I am more than determined to build something in it. With the latest update that offers OSC support I think Im going to be able to have some fun

5 - Record more VSTi/VST demos for my youtube channel! This might include one for designing an Ambient track with nothing but Ableton ;)
    Last edited by V0RT3X; 12-02-2012, 01:30 PM.
    -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

I'm rewiring my studio-then it is Floor Wars; I Can't Remember Which Number It Is/Was gets going...

Comment

I see some Blizzard titles there...were you a Warcraftian as well?

Comment

I plead the fifth....:whistle:

The scenario is that after Xmas/New Years..the hardwood floors on the second floor bedrooms are getting redone...this after spending god alone knows how long on the first floor...:nuts:
        Last edited by trimph1; 12-02-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ontol View Post
          I see some Blizzard titles there...were you a Warcraftian as well?
          I got to lvl 22 with a orc warrior on WOW and then stopped playing it. It was fun though while it lasted.

I have every blizzard battlechest they released so far. I suck at starcraft but it is one of my favourite games.

Comment

Originally posted by trimph1 View Post
            I plead the fifth....:whistle:

The scenario is that after Xmas/New Years..the hardwood floors on the second floor bedrooms are getting redone...this after spending god alone knows how long on the first floor...:nuts:
            Rewiring can be a real pain if the existing wiring in your house was a tangle. I know we will have to do this at some point for our home here.

Comment

Originally posted by V0RT3X View Post
              I got to lvl 22 with a orc warrior on WOW and then stopped playing it. It was fun though while it lasted.

I have every blizzard battlechest they released so far. I suck at starcraft but it is one of my favourite games.
              My son and I played WoW together for about 7 years, most of which was on an RP/PVP server in an all-tauren guild. I retired from the game just a little over a month ago, and it was hard to leave a community which I helped build. I retired to get working on FUTURE PROJECTS (see, I tied it in to the subject again :lol. But good times and some great friends.

Comment

I'm thinking of recording a couple of Hobgoblin tracks from 1980. Prog stuff with lots of 'trons, guitar, synths, drums, vox!!!!!! Lyrically interesting stuff with stories to tell.

I'm trying to break this to the original songwriter as gently as possible. If successful, I'll try to persuade him to sing on them.

That'll be a lucky escape for y'all :phew:

I've never recorded live instruments before, so this will present musical, logistical, technical challenges. I'll probably use EnergyXT to do this.
                Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
                  I'm thinking of recording a couple of Hobgoblin tracks from 1980. Prog stuff with lots of 'trons, guitar, synths, drums, vox!!!!!! Lyrically interesting stuff with stories to tell.

I'm trying to break this to the original songwriter as gently as possible. If successful, I'll try to persuade him to sing on them.

That'll be a lucky escape for y'all :phew:

I've never recorded live instruments before, so this will present musical, logistical, technical challenges. I'll probably use EnergyXT to do this.
                  Wow!!! Hope it come together....

Comment

Just been messing around with my Jazz Active playing some riffs interspersed with harmonic chords, when I decided to try putting it through the Zoom G7 using a long delay and a chorus. I hope to be able to loop these sounds with Mobius. Just gotta learn how to use it now :daydream:
                    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

I'm thinking I want to do an entire album of sequenced/generated ambient entirely inside of Numerology. I've been trying some different ways of generative ambient lately (Nodal, Noatikl, etc.) and I feel the most comfortable in the Numerology environment. Perhaps it's because I've been using it the longest but it's also such a flexible tool.

Of course, this is the "future project ideas" thread right? This is my idea...the future is always unknown but I thought I'd put it out there!!! :biggrin:
                      Synphaera Records
                      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
                      X