X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V0RT3X
    replied
    Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
    Wait did I miss something or is there a certain significance behind the number 1337??! :hmmm:

Awesome for you though!!! Man you've only got 1000 to go! Think you can stay away from the KVR marketplace until that happens??! :lol:

Cheers!
    It's a old internet meme where people used to use 1337speak which consisted of using keyboard numbers and characters to replace the alphabet. It was called 1337 because it basically translated into leet which was short for elite. Why it was considered elite to type out in 1337 was because it was generally harder to do and some ppl (mostly kids) could really type it out fluently.

heres a wiki article if you wanna read about it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

as for the KVR market.. well

I caved in, I ended up impulsively buying a Fabfilter bundle consisting of Volcano2,Twin2,Timeless2 and then sold it to buy a copy of Fxpansion Bloom. I think I need someone to manage my spending... seriously. Im gonna focus on producing with what i have now.

Leave a comment:

• V0RT3X
    replied
    I think Im not having the best day today, hmm i think I'll work on some other stuff today. I'll still check the forums from time to time though.
    Last edited by V0RT3X; 03-11-2013, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nemo
    replied
    I hear ya on this one as well! :frown:

There's been a lot of "bad" family stuff that's been going on atm (serious medical stuff), which has severely limited the time that I have in the 'studio'. This weekend the little time that I had to myself wound up going to doing some maintenance on the computers and installing some updates. It pissed me off because what was supposed to be straightforward and quick turned into a big computer soap opera. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even started. Grrr.

I also picked up a new controller and so I have to figure out how to integrate it into the setup.

But once things settle down I'm looking forward to going full tilt once more. Looking forward to the next round of productions, especially as I have lots of ideas. Also lots of inspiration from listening to what everyone else has been up to!!!

Originally posted by robojam View Post
    Wishing I could find more time for music. Didn't find any time at all this weekend to do anything.

Leave a comment:

• Nemo
    replied
    I hear ya! That's usually where I go to get my information on new things and updates, etc. But all too often the discussions tend to devolve into some sort of flame war, some guy/company just jumping in to advertise his own product, or just a lot of negativity.

I still go there but usually I just skim through the current topics.

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
    Thinking of limiting my KVR reads, speaking of.

Lots of good info there, but too many threads have flaming useless tangents.:dunno:

Leave a comment:

• robojam
    replied
    Wishing I could find more time for music. Didn't find any time at all this weekend to do anything.

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    replied
    Originally posted by V0RT3X View Post
    Finally hit my 1337 post on KVR! Time to stop posting there and start posting here until I hit my 1337 post on AO!
    Wait did I miss something or is there a certain significance behind the number 1337??! :hmmm:

Awesome for you though!!! Man you've only got 1000 to go! Think you can stay away from the KVR marketplace until that happens??! :lol:

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    Thinking of limiting my KVR reads, speaking of.

Lots of good info there, but too many threads have flaming useless tangents.:dunno:

Leave a comment:

• V0RT3X
    replied
    Finally hit my 1337 post on KVR! Time to stop posting there and start posting here until I hit my 1337 post on AO!

Proof here ;)

Leave a comment:

• V0RT3X
    replied
    I've been pretty lucky as I have not been sick for a few months now which is great.

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    that's because my body was under attack by a nasty bug to which I'm happy to report, I'm finally on the mend.
    Ooooh me too! Crawled home from work last Monday then that was pretty much it till last Saturday, never known a bug before that floored me so completely (sick time is normally a time to catch up on reading, listening etc but not this time. ;) )

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    replied
    glad your back on here.
    Glad to be back!!! Still not full strength...but at least I can still punch out my S1gnature exclamation points!!!!!!! :tu:

I've been kind of amazed that people listen to my work. I am still learning so much, but it is nice to see people enjoying what I do have up. I mean I don't think they are commenting on my stuff because they want anything, I think its mostly sincere comments which is nice!

I am kind of grateful to be part of a music community, I think this is a real great learning experience for me.
    I hear you. This has been such a phenomenal experience for me and I've grown a lot because of it. Thank you for saying something!!!! Cheers bro. Keep it up! :biggrin:

Leave a comment:

• V0RT3X
    replied
    I've been kind of amazed that people listen to my work. I am still learning so much, but it is nice to see people enjoying what I do have up. I mean I don't think they are commenting on my stuff because they want anything, I think its mostly sincere comments which is nice!

I am kind of grateful to be part of a music community, I think this is a real great learning experience for me.

Leave a comment:

• V0RT3X
    replied
    As some of you might have noticed, I've been a bit infrequent the last 3/4 days...that's because my body was under attack by a nasty bug to which I'm happy to report, I'm finally on the mend. :blush:

It's been a rough couple of days...and this is literally the first time I've sat down at my computer since last Thursday. But I'm back!!! Among the living once again. :D

Time to catch up on things and get back to making music!
    glad your back on here.

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    replied
    Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
    I was just googling tumbleweed 30 minutes ago
    Glad I didn't end up on your search results. :razz:

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    I was just googling tumbleweed 30 minutes ago

Leave a comment: