What do you do, besides music?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aerium View Post

I would be interrested in the kind of fission plants they're building... as in: are they going for gen3 liquid fuel reaction chambers or the good ol' soviet approach.
    "The nuclear safety plan of 2013 stated that beyond 2016 only Generation III plants would be started, and until then only a very few Generation II+ plants would be started." [24]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_in_China

...and if you look at the chart you can see all plant technologies under construction and planned.
    Last edited by annode; 05-08-2018, 08:06 AM.
    "The dumbest of people are the first to tell you."annodeMy Music
    Check out my ambient radio show list @ recommended listening

Comment

• ok. thanks

Comment

• I'm a psychotherapist, mostly at a rural medical center but also in private practice, a little.
        Notes toward a New England Psychedelia: https://www.instagram.com/reticenceband AND https://soundcloud.com/user-913509462/
        Permanently unfinished water music coming from the earth via wood and metal: https://soundcloud.com/erranttiger

Comment

• I do a bit of games:
          https://louigiverona.com/?page=proje...ftware&t=games

And I also do a lot of non-fiction writing on various topics:
          https://louigiverona.com/?page=proje...s&t=philosophy

Comment

• Welcome Kirill. I can see by your web site you have been busy. :bee:Much to see there, looking forward to learning your thoughts.
            Subjects which will intrigue me, new audio software to try...fun fun fun!
            Hope you will also post any new music projects you make to our Member Releases thread!

Cheers,
            annode

Comment

• I produce and write music.
              I also work as a Music Tech Production Lecturer (teaching up to Degree).
              Both go hand in hand. Which is nice

Comment

• I work for the marketing division of a company that owns a few self-publishing brands for authors, musicians, and anyone that wants to print merchandise. I mostly do SEO work, but also troubleshoot web errors, work on broad campaigns, and am starting to do paid advertising.
                The motto is "Well, it can't hurt"...

Soundcloud | Bandcamp

Comment

• Originally posted by storyinsoil View Post
                  I work for the marketing division of a company that owns a few self-publishing brands for authors, musicians, and anyone that wants to print merchandise. I mostly do SEO work, but also troubleshoot web errors, work on broad campaigns, and am starting to do paid advertising.
                  Hey Alex.

I guess if I were in some related fields I would have some understanding of what you just said...but I have to admit it's all a bit foggy to me. Can you describe your work in more general language for me? I really would like to know.
                  Thanks.
                  Barry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoobydoo555 View Post
                    I produce and write music.
                    I also work as a Music Tech Production Lecturer (teaching up to Degree).
                    Both go hand in hand. Which is nice
                    Hey Scoobydoo.

So your an instructor? Your in a classroom with students?

Comment

• annode Ah, I work for a place that prints books, CDs, vinyl, and shirts and other merchandise for independent artists st low (or high) quantities for consumer level prices. I work in marketing and optimize blog posts and pages so they rank better in google. I also make sure the website is functioning properly, and if not I'll let IT know what's going on. I make sure site traffic is up to snuff. And I'm training to start running advertisements on google. All boring stuff, but I love that I work for a place that supports independent artists!
                      The motto is "Well, it can't hurt"...

Soundcloud | Bandcamp

Comment

• Thanks for spelling it out for me "real simple like" haha. I thought you were going to lose me with "optimize blog posts and pages" but you saved me with "rank better in Google". I used to text a British web Cubase friend yrs ago, and he was doing similar stuff. Good luck with your training.

Yrs ago I used to build and service computer based card access systems (Apple II + S-100 bus boards) But I knew not how to write anything. I didn't really touch a keyboard until Win95 - 98.
                        Your work is sorta the opposite, on the data end of the street....and I can respect that.
                        Last edited by annode; 01-13-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• I studied geology.

But shortly after I finished, I became a programmer (at that time in a geophysical company), then I slowly switched over to system administration (SUN Solaris with Veritas Cluster ).

Now I am working for an asset manager (a daughter of a german insurance company) and am responsible for the batch processing (backup, file transfers from/to customers, application jobs) and some application middleware.
                          argyre planitia: The Atomic Age - Soundcloud - Youtube - Petroglyph Music - Bandcamp

Comment

• Another Geophysicist!
                            Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

• Originally posted by Synthetic Aurality View Post
                              I'm a senior embedded systems software engineer specializing in resource-constrained systems, primarily in the industrial automation/building controls area, sometimes doing application development concurrently with assembly language/C coding. I've also worked on childrens computer games, dataabse systems, 3D graphics engines, and once a silly access control system for Westinghouse.

Other than that, music and writing.. I have no life! :o
                              Is this what it says on your resume?

Comment

• Working at the university, in environmental planning... essentially, teaching students how to determine plants and ecological theory And trying to accomplish my PhD...

Comment

Working...
                                X