Writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing

Does anyone write? Not shopping lists or letters to Grandma, but I mean to be published in some way.

It's something I'd gladly be doing for a living if it paid well enough, but I've never been able to make much money from it. I've had a few things published such as essays, reviews and one short story (actually it was submitted to a company that bought the rights so I have no clue what they did with it).

As a kid I read voraciously from a young age and for many years wanted to get a novel published. Still somewhat of a dream, but I know that I would need more free time to be able to seriously write something.

Anyone else?

I would love to write, but I've lost my touch. People used to tell me I should be a writer. :(

I guess with practice...

Comment

Like so many other things I should get off my butt and do them, but it's a struggle to find time for so many things.

Comment

Yes, though not recently. I'm sure you remember some writings I had posted many years ago at another joint we used to haunt. I've written some prose, short stories, and poetry at different times in my life...but life is far too busy and has changed too much to facilitate doing so much anymore. I still write lyrics though, of course.
        "The only thing that means a thing in the end is what you loved, and who you loved, and you let it take you home..."

Comment

I think of all the things I'd like time for it would be music and writing. If I could somehow make the same income as I do now and have more time, I would fill as much of it as I am able with that.

Comment

Maybe this will interest you:-

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=152910&page=2
            Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

My grandfather had a book published in the '60s. It was a historical document of the history of the Fire Brigades in England.
              Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

I thought this was an interesting thread. I do. Anyone else?
                www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

Originally posted by robojam View Post
                  Does anyone write? Not shopping lists or letters to Grandma, but I mean to be published in some way.
                  I have website with my textual and graphic works (dadaistic/surreal).
                  SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
                  Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
                  "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Working...
                  X