Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quietist
    replied
    i feel your pain - I have almost no comprehension of the technical side of synths and daws - if a controller or link doesn't work then it just lies dormant. :( this is why I don't buy much stuff - I know it would lie unused

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    OB-12 has been a nightmare. Lovely sounding VA synth but its MIDI implementation is terrible. That said, there is a slight possibility that I broke it a bit back when I tried to update the firmware... Not been right since... Prog and Bank changes are not behaving as they should. And the weirdest thing is, I can record prog and bank changes to REAPER but when I play it back to the OB-12 it simply stays in the current bank. I have now given up, but it is still a valid sound source, methinks, so will still be using it.

I am now working on getting into the MIDI implementation of my Novation NOVA...

I don't remember it being this difficult twenty years ago..........

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Okay, all the audio is hooked up... Need to make a start on MIDI stuff now... Dusting off my old hardware synth manuals!

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Should be sleeping but woke up around midnight (I was in bed for ten) and couldn't get back to sleep, so, here I am, back in the studio getting everything plugged in and ready to go......

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Trying to link two OCTA-CAPTURE USB things... Much head scratching

Not thrown anything out of the window just yet...

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by meta4 View Post
    Metaphysical Function an absolute dream to play around with and of course
    Cheers.
    Yeah, that is my favourite ensemble, for sure. Love using it when designing drones. I don't bother with the sample side of things and just use the oscillator and effects stuff. I've set up a track template for REAPER with automation for all the things I want to tweak over time.

Leave a comment:

• Maharg
    replied
    Relaxing after a hectic December recording, mixing and releasing three albums exclusive for my subscribers on Bandcamp. A lot of work. But about to begin some experimentation for some new work. This ambient thing never lets up or goes away.

Leave a comment:

• meta4
    replied
    I just been getting bang into Reaktor 6 and Abletonlive 10 Intro. Loving all the intruments in Reaktor though. My faves upto now being the Akkrod and Rhythmaker and the sound generators are just mind blowers. Metaphysical Function an absolute dream to play around with and of course, there is the user library to. So just been experimenting with different sounds and having fun. Because, really that is all it's about anyway init. Just relaxing and having fun. Of course, I have a few projects on the go and in time will upload them for others to enjoy to. But, in the meantime I am having fun with my music again and blending my photography with my music projects.

Btw, anyone know how Synthetic Aurality is doing? I saw his last post was back in Jan 2018. I hope he is ok.

Cheers.
    Last edited by meta4; 01-02-2019, 04:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Been in the studio for most of the afternoon. I set a simple patch up on the modular, just a sequence, and then proceeded to tidy the place up. I suppose I'd better go see how Val is doing...

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Currently slaving over a hot laptop trying to catch up on some stuff while it is "quiet" here. As quiet as this place can be sometimes it is amazing how far you fall behind when you are busy with other stuff...

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by GaryG View Post
    At 7.25? How many kids in your household Andy? ;)

Merry Christmas all. Or Happy Saturnalia. Or Joyful Festivus etc etc.
    No kids live with us anymore Gary. Eldest got here at about 9:30 and the youngest at 12:30.

​Been cooking Christmas dinner for HOURS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    At 7.25? How many kids in your household Andy? ;)

Merry Christmas all. Or Happy Saturnalia. Or Joyful Festivus etc etc.
    Last edited by GaryG; 12-25-2018, 02:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Opening presents... Merry Christmas everyone

Leave a comment:

• meta4
    replied
    Just sat here feeling chuffed as I FINALLY got to the bottom of sorting out my midi controller as it kept freezing and after replacing lead after lead and hoping it isn't the controller that is friggin ducked, well, turns out it was my power management box that needed unchecking in the usb root hub in device manager. Since unchecking that box it has been bliss. But yeh, am really enjoying reaktor 6. It's like a musical circus all in one box. Great stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Realm
    replied
    Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
    I think you still have to use something like Otex to soften the wax up first.
    Yes, that's correct. Use that for a few days first then blast it all out with the ear blaster. Very satisfying!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X