Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seismic1
    replied
    I'm hoping to re-master Flow at the weekend. This will probably the sixth time. They're never done.

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied
    Replacing the ear cushions on my headphones. It's like getting new cans...almost.

Leave a comment:

• Spectrum
    replied
    Hi Synkrotron

Receiving u loud and clear this end...enjoy Italy man...getting filed recordings on your travels?

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    testing testing, 1, 2... 2

Sat here, in the Italian city of Pisa, wondering if this post will make it to the forum... Been on the road for two weeks now and it is proving to be totally impossible to keep up with things here on 4G. I'm on my laptop which is tethered to my phone, hoping it will make a difference...

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    Originally posted by aoVI View Post

you could sell that one to a Shellac obsessive...

2012-10-21_1000-hurts.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Originally posted by aoVI View Post
    Last weekend my son and I went to an old house converted into a record store. The store was a hobby-funder for the owner, as he was into vintage entertainment electronics such as radios, hifi. etc. He had a lot of tape machines, and a few pieces of music gear he was having trouble identifying, such as an old VS880 and an EH Deluxe Electric Mistress which was showing a bit of it's age. Really enjoyed talking to the guy for about 2 hours.

I grabbed a few vintage reels, and despite having a good reel machine, won't use these old reels as they were still sealed and probably would be a bit too old for proper use anyhow. The two Capitol ones were probably fairly cheap consumer grade stuff even new, but had cool boxes.
    Back in the day, when I had a TEAC reel-to-reel with sound-on-sound button (used to get an 'out-of-this-world' echo out of it if I had it on while recording) I used to buy the Ampex professional 1/4" tape. It had the black backing stuff on it.

I have a lot of fond memories of my experimentations with those reel-to-reels. The other one I had was a Sony.

Also, I used to do a little sign work now and again for a guy in my town that ran a used record store out of a house called 'Spin Again' in exchange for records. I got a lot of collector's items that way..

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Spectrum View Post
    Sonic Bohdi...what game are you level grinding??
    An iOS game called Eternium.. the developers do not believe in 'pay to play'.. so now I'm on level 70, champion level 140, or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    Last weekend my son and I went to an old house converted into a record store. The store was a hobby-funder for the owner, as he was into vintage entertainment electronics such as radios, hifi. etc. He had a lot of tape machines, and a few pieces of music gear he was having trouble identifying, such as an old VS880 and an EH Deluxe Electric Mistress which was showing a bit of it's age. Really enjoyed talking to the guy for about 2 hours.

I grabbed a few vintage reels, and despite having a good reel machine, won't use these old reels as they were still sealed and probably would be a bit too old for proper use anyhow. The two Capitol ones were probably fairly cheap consumer grade stuff even new, but had cool boxes.

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    Originally posted by lynn9 View Post
    Hello.

A lot changed (again) since the last time I posted here. This time I won't disappear again. I think.

But anyway, how's it going?
    Good to have you back at the ranch!

Leave a comment:

• Spectrum
    replied
    Nice for sharing the Ambient v4 link..will check it out

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    Originally posted by lynn9 View Post
    Hello.

A lot changed (again) since the last time I posted here. This time I won't disappear again. I think.

Hey, good to see you back. Ticking over, business as usual. Be sure to check out the new themed compilations if you feel like submitting something.

Leave a comment:

• jvincion
    replied
    Originally posted by Ambire Seiche View Post
    Playing around with Audiobulb's new Ambient v4. They sent an email out to owners of previous version with link for a discount. So far I'm really loving the results.
    Nice! Me too. I'm currently stuck in a seemingly ever-evolving loop that originated from a brewery sound. 18 minutes and going and it's still changing! This is a head trip.

Leave a comment:

• Spectrum
    replied
    Hey aoVI

So it is

Cheers man

Leave a comment:

• lynn9
    replied
    Hello.

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    And Happy AO-versary! One year!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X