• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by windspace View Post
    will you have room for the luggage?
    By the time SWMBO has loaded all her gear there won't be enough luggage space for me... Not that I need much... Three T-Shirts will easily last me nine days haha! I could rotate my underwear! And wear it inside out too, of course...

I did a neat job with the spare bulbs... Eventually...

I sussed out the nearest Halfrauds Spare Bulb Kit (they have thirty to choose from) and then had to buy another four separate bulbs to cover every eventuality. I was then able to make a few additional spaces in the supplied box for the four additional bulbs, so at least I have just the one box with all my bulbs in

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied
    synkrotron So...by the time you get all the spare parts and emergency equipment loaded...will you have room for the luggage?

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied
    Originally posted by synkrotron View Post

Haha!

I read some of the history behind this topic while researching stuff for the trip:-

http://www.worldstandards.eu/cars/driving-on-the-left/
    Interesting read!

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by GaryG View Post

I guess the french law is well intended but I can't see many lay people being up to quick bulb changes in modern cars. Unless it's so you have the bulbs available so a pro can do the job quickly?

I wouldn't mind betting that if you have French plates they don't even check if you carry spare bulbs...

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
    And that is a pain in itself. Some of the bulbs are so damn hard to get to and the rear cluster took an hour to get to.
    It took two of us half an our to get to my front cluster (removing various engine bits in the process...) We got there eventually...

F9Kyx.jpg

I guess the french law is well intended but I can't see many lay people being up to quick bulb changes in modern cars. Unless it's so you have the bulbs available so a pro can do the job quickly?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X