Clear All

• micheronfire
    replied
    COFFEE.........

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
    I played for the school rugby team for 3 years. We weren't very good. We didn't win our first game until almost halfway through the third year, but then managed to win all of our remaining games except for two, and finished halfway up the league table. I still haven't managed to figure that out.
    Well, in those circumstances it really is great to win games. Can be so demoralising when you go into a game "knowing" that you are going to lose.

I love watching the Italy games and even when they play England I am secretly hoping that Italy with screw them over and win by just a point or two.

My lad's football team... Let me briefly tell you about that.

It was part of a larger organised structure which played in a proper league. It was the "C" team, so boys that were not even god enough for the "B" team. And why I stepped into the breach when the manager at the time left to manage an older team... I just wanted my lad to carry on playing football.

Anyway, we were in the bottom league. Couldn't get any lower. We usually finished last or second to last each year. It was a bit sad when some of the "better players" decided to leave to join a different team because they hated losing and couldn't get into the "A" or "B" team in our organisation.

Once we lost a game three goals to twenty. At half time it was 3 - 1 and in the second half, for some reason, we capitulated.

Then in the last season (that is, when my lad had decided to pack in playing) we won a game and had three points from that, only to have them taken away because the team that we beat pulled out before the half way point. What a stupid rule that was...

I enjoyed those years, for the most part, despite never really doing that well. But it does take its toll and I was glad when it came to an end. I went to every match my lad played in, as a parent/helper or a manager from my son being age six up to age thirteen.

Wow! I must have wanted to get that off my chest... Back to music stuff...

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    I played for the school rugby team for 3 years. We weren't very good. We didn't win our first game until almost halfway through the third year, but then managed to win all of our remaining games except for two, and finished halfway up the league table. I still haven't managed to figure that out.

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Sport? At school?

I hated it. Hated every moment.

I was crap at everything. And I hate being crap at stuff. When it came to selecting teams, football and what have you, I was always left until last.

At one school I developed an enjoyment for cross country running because I was on my own and could take my time. I came last but I didn't care.

In my final year at school, coming up to exams, our physics teacher offered the option to ditch PE and turn up for extra physics lessons instead. I jumped at it. Well, not physically...

I could be accused of not being a team player and I was once accused of that at work, so perhaps that is one problem I had with sport at school. I think I want to do stuff "my way" and didn't, at the time, get the "there is no 'I' in Team." Then when my youngest lad started playing football I ended up managing his team for the last couple of years, so that was a great lesson for me in what teamwork is all about.

And, of course, PE was compulsory. I know English, Maths, etc was also compulsory, but at the time I didn't appreciate the importance of exercise. I walked a mile to school... That was enough for me...

Another reason for being crap at sports was my ever so mild asthma which became not so mild when I had to exert myself. It wasn't until I had left school that this was mentioned so the PE teachers just thought I was a slacker.

All that said, after I left school, for a time I played squash and I enjoyed that. Okay, I got battered, usually, but that didn't matter. Then much later on I started water skiing and eventually got to a level where I could ditch the skis and go barefoot. Lots of fun that.

But school... Yeah, hated it.

what was the question?

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied
    I played rugby in high school. It was all unofficial pick-up games. Isn't rain and mud essential to playing rugby? It seemed so back then...and certainly made for softer landings!

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    I played Rugby (Union) at school. It was quite a challenging way of spending Saturday mornings. It always seemed to be raining.

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobydoo555 View Post
    I'm watching the 6 Nations rugby. Somewhat bemused by the Wales/Italy game.
    Somehow I managed to watch all of the games this weekend.

I rarely watch either Union or League matches but I do enjoy six nations.

Been watching it for years and I still can't get my head around some of the rules...

England gave France a thrashing yesterday. Did you watch that? England still making mistakes but France were terrible.

Could England go for the Grand Slam?

Leave a comment:

• micheronfire
    replied
    Lying in bed, listening to Chick Coreas Children Songs... long evening yesterday Sometimes I just looove sundays... Hope to get some music done later, though

Leave a comment:

• Scoobydoo555
    replied
    I'm watching the 6 Nations rugby. Somewhat bemused by the Wales/Italy game.

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    In the spirit of NGD and NPD... NID!

The aging Tascam was becoming downright hostile so replaced it with a behringer unit. Looked at a few others like the Focusrites but they were double the price and I got this one essentially for free so... And it's meant to play nice with Linux which could be a factor.

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Hi Bruce

Originally posted by windspace View Post
    synkrotron i wish you luck getting your studio together. I hope someday to have a more or less permanent studio space. I dream of just flipping the switch and sitting down to be creative!
    Yeah, it is great being able to go to a room, flick a switch, or twelve, and start working. That said, doesn't always happen that way and I sometimes sit there thinking, "what now." But it is still better than having to drag stuff out of a cupboard, set it up and then start. Not that it ever takes long, but when I had to do that I would sometimes think, "nah, CBA..."

I guess I am lucky in that, for now at least, we still live in a "family home" and both of our children have their own places now, so we both have room to spread out a bit. No doubt we will have to "downsize" at some point and that will present space issues, for sure, but in the meantime I'll enjoy what I have

cheers

andy

Originally posted by aoVI View Post

You'd think that's how it'd turn out, but you sit down and check email, then forums, then it's late. Or looking up a video on how to do something turns into a two hour jaunt through russian bad driver compilations.

Idle eyes are the devil's workshop.
    Ah, yes... Never a truer word spoken!

Guess what I am doing now........

One simply has to catch up! haha

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    Originally posted by windspace View Post
    synkrotron i wish you luck getting your studio together. I hope someday to have a more or less permanent studio space. I dream of just flipping the switch and sitting down to be creative!
    You'd think that's how it'd turn out, but you sit down and check email, then forums, then it's late. Or looking up a video on how to do something turns into a two hour jaunt through russian bad driver compilations.

Idle eyes are the devil's workshop.

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Having a pile of "issues" with my "dream studio."

Having to be a bit, sort of... Well, "pragmatic" is the word I suppose...

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    Originally posted by jvincion View Post
    Just remember, sweeping is for janitors.
    Ah ha!

I didn't get what you were saying there Jason, then I thought I heard DT say "sweet picking" in one of his videos. I then thought, "oh, perhaps that is what Jason was referring to, 'sweep picking...'"

So I googled that and a load more depressing videos came up haha.

Just shows how much of a cave I've been living in, guitar wise. Never heard of it until now...

Not going to be my thing. Briefly had a go and decided it was going to be a lesson too far

Leave a comment:

Working...
X