What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    started a topic What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Some of us use twitter, and some of us can't seem to get into it. Either way, we all need a place to put our current thoughts and actions to share with the world! And best of all, you can do it here in more than 140 characters!!! :tu: :D

So ambient online users, what are you doing RIGHT NOW?

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Originally posted by windspace View Post
    Replacing the ear cushions on my headphones. It's like getting new cans...almost.
    I had to buy new headphones, because the company stopped making the model of bluetooth headphones I had- when they were still making them, they provided replacement ear cushions for them, but since I waited too long, no replacement ear cushions! Thus the new headphones.

IMG_0448.jpg

Leave a comment:

• lynn9
    replied
    Been dealing with headaches (maybe migraines, not sure) since Monday. Almost like clockwork: between 8 and 9 AM, a sharp pain appears behind my right eye and I'm rendered totally unable to do anything other than lay down and pray for it to go away. First of these episodes was way back in 2017 and I don't remember what triggered it (it went away with painkillers, though), but I'm almost sure this current one is because of my brilliant idea to stop drinking coffee all at once.

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    Got a ticket for one of the Stereolab warm up gigs so thought I'd better catch up on the last album or so I missed; turns out I let their last four LPs pass me by.........

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    I'm hoping to re-master Flow at the weekend. This will probably the sixth time. They're never done.

Leave a comment:

• windspace
    replied
    Replacing the ear cushions on my headphones. It's like getting new cans...almost.

Leave a comment:

• Spectrum
    replied
    Hi Synkrotron

Receiving u loud and clear this end...enjoy Italy man...getting filed recordings on your travels?

Leave a comment:

• synkrotron
    replied
    testing testing, 1, 2... 2

Sat here, in the Italian city of Pisa, wondering if this post will make it to the forum... Been on the road for two weeks now and it is proving to be totally impossible to keep up with things here on 4G. I'm on my laptop which is tethered to my phone, hoping it will make a difference...

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    Originally posted by aoVI View Post

you could sell that one to a Shellac obsessive...

2012-10-21_1000-hurts.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Originally posted by aoVI View Post
    Last weekend my son and I went to an old house converted into a record store. The store was a hobby-funder for the owner, as he was into vintage entertainment electronics such as radios, hifi. etc. He had a lot of tape machines, and a few pieces of music gear he was having trouble identifying, such as an old VS880 and an EH Deluxe Electric Mistress which was showing a bit of it's age. Really enjoyed talking to the guy for about 2 hours.

I grabbed a few vintage reels, and despite having a good reel machine, won't use these old reels as they were still sealed and probably would be a bit too old for proper use anyhow. The two Capitol ones were probably fairly cheap consumer grade stuff even new, but had cool boxes.
    Back in the day, when I had a TEAC reel-to-reel with sound-on-sound button (used to get an 'out-of-this-world' echo out of it if I had it on while recording) I used to buy the Ampex professional 1/4" tape. It had the black backing stuff on it.

I have a lot of fond memories of my experimentations with those reel-to-reels. The other one I had was a Sony.

Also, I used to do a little sign work now and again for a guy in my town that ran a used record store out of a house called 'Spin Again' in exchange for records. I got a lot of collector's items that way..

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Bodhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Spectrum View Post
    Sonic Bohdi...what game are you level grinding??
    An iOS game called Eternium.. the developers do not believe in 'pay to play'.. so now I'm on level 70, champion level 140, or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    Last weekend my son and I went to an old house converted into a record store. The store was a hobby-funder for the owner, as he was into vintage entertainment electronics such as radios, hifi. etc. He had a lot of tape machines, and a few pieces of music gear he was having trouble identifying, such as an old VS880 and an EH Deluxe Electric Mistress which was showing a bit of it's age. Really enjoyed talking to the guy for about 2 hours.

I grabbed a few vintage reels, and despite having a good reel machine, won't use these old reels as they were still sealed and probably would be a bit too old for proper use anyhow. The two Capitol ones were probably fairly cheap consumer grade stuff even new, but had cool boxes.

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    Originally posted by lynn9 View Post
    Hello.

A lot changed (again) since the last time I posted here. This time I won't disappear again. I think.

But anyway, how's it going?
    Good to have you back at the ranch!

Leave a comment:

• Spectrum
    replied
    Nice for sharing the Ambient v4 link..will check it out

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    Originally posted by lynn9 View Post
    Hello.

A lot changed (again) since the last time I posted here. This time I won't disappear again. I think.

But anyway, how's it going?
    Hey, good to see you back. Ticking over, business as usual. Be sure to check out the new themed compilations if you feel like submitting something.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X