Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soundcloud: suddenly no more email notifications since june 26th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcloud: suddenly no more email notifications since june 26th...

Hi Soundcloud users,

Since june 26th Soundcloud suddenly stopped sending me e-mail notifications about track activity (comments & favorites); I still get emails about PM's and the notifications in my browser still work. I already did some fiddling with changing the settings ("back and forth") and changing the email address but to no avail. I posted a message on the "community driven help forum" but really: do these guys have no helpdesk?

So my question to all soundcloud users here: am I really the only one with this problem? Thanks.
    Last edited by Boqurant; 06-27-2015, 08:58 AM.
    Boqurant | Boqurant on Soundcloud

I checked my SoundCloud just now, and haven't had any activity that would generate email for about 48 hours, so I can't tell you whether they have a general problem.

Oddly enough, I did stop receiving notifications from Twitter for 26 hours earlier in the week. I phoned my ISP and within 2 hours, my notifications were being delivered.

Also, e-mail is a notoriously unreliable delivery medium, with no guaranteed service level, so it's not really a surprise when this sort of thing happens.

From the SoundCloud webpage, you can click on the general menu at the top right of the page, and select Help Center. Scroll down the page until you see the "Need Help from a Human" section. This will take you to a page that will let you submit a help request to them.

Alternatively, You can tweet to @SCsupport
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
      From the SoundCloud webpage, you can click on the general menu at the top right of the page, and select Help Center. Scroll down the page until you see the "Need Help from a Human" section. This will take you to a page that will let you submit a help request to them.

Alternatively, You can tweet to @SCsupport
      Thanks a lot for this info! Guess I was too lazy to scroll down; they did a marvelous job to hide their relevant info however...

BTW: The weird thing is that I do get mails about new PM's or mail address changes. I think it's only the track activity notification mails not being sent. My experience with email is (I'm a web developer/-programmer with some knowledge of SPF, DKIM and email headers); if it works, it's pretty reliable ;-) If the settings or your headers are not right, you're in for some big surprises.

Anyway: just sent them a message (did not get a confirmation mail BTW... but perhaps this is normal...). Thanks again!
      Last edited by Boqurant; 06-27-2015, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Yeah. It's the weekend. I think they'll probably take longer than usual to respond.
        Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
          Yeah. It's the weekend. I think they'll probably take longer than usual to respond.
          Well, I actually meant an automatic confirmation like a "thanks for your message, we will reply as soon as possible" kind of message. But I guess Soundcloud doesn't send those. I don't mind if it takes a few days for a human response.

Comment

Problem solved by the SC guys

("I spoke to our email delivery team who said they have restarted some failing systems now and all your email notifications should be back in action.")

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. Topic can be closed (if possible).

Comment

Working...
            X