What I found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I found

I was over on reddit /ambient and came across this thread.

Interesting the way both AO and IDMf were mentioned a few times, yet the replies seem to indicate the posters weren't that bothered to follow up on the leads offered..like what both offer aren't what they're looking for..well, that's how it read to me.

For the record, I'm active on both forums..and while their point about IDMf not being too ambient orientated is a valid one, the same can hardly be said for AO! Not trying to blow smoke up any dark places, but AO has to be one of, if not "THE", best places I've ever come across for ambient music producers online. I just don't get the hesitation on their part in regards to joining.

Mind you, having said that, for all i know they could very well be members here by now..in which case most of what I've just said here is moot. :biggrin:

Comment

Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post
      Interesting the way both AO and IDMf were mentioned a few times, yet the replies seem to indicate the posters weren't that bothered to follow up on the leads offered..like what both offer aren't what they're looking for..well, that's how it read to me.

For the record, I'm active on both forums..and while their point about IDMf not being too ambient orientated is a valid one, the same can hardly be said for AO! Not trying to blow smoke up any dark places, but AO has to be one of, if not "THE", best places I've ever come across for ambient music producers online. I just don't get the hesitation on their part in regards to joining.

Mind you, having said that, for all i know they could very well be members here by now..in which case most of what I've just said here is moot. :biggrin:
      I totally agree with you. AO is most likely the best ambient production community I've ever come across. IDMf (which I'm also a member of as well) has some good forums for ambient but definitely not as good as these. This community is much more active (than IDMf's ambient forum), and probably more friendly which I'm thankful for.
      Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/fogparallax
      Bandcamp: https://fogparallax.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
        This community is much more active (than IDMf's ambient forum), and probably more friendly which I'm thankful for.
        Glad you're enjoying it! :tu:

Cheers,
        -S1gns
        Synphaera Records
        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
          This community is much more active (than IDMf's ambient forum), and probably more friendly which I'm thankful for.
          Glad you're enjoying it! :tu:

Cheers,
          -S1gns
          Thanks! Its great to be able to talk to people who understand ambience and have a passion for it

Comment

I really ought to check out this ambientonline, innit
            Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

aaah. IDMforums. I think I have an account there, but I forgot the password & their send new password function does not seem to function with my email-account. too bad. now that ambientonline website looks nice, but then I have to go & buy a plate of shrimps. maybe some other time.
              www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

"Please refrain from posting rhythmic music and beats. These will most likely be removed"

Harsh.
                Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                  "Please refrain from posting rhythmic music and beats. These will most likely be removed"

Harsh.
                  Where did you see that?
                  Synphaera Records
                  Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Harsh.
                    Damn. Three weeks' work down the pan.
                    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

They use a more narrow definition of ambient there--the movie soundtrack, landscape, cinematic type of stuff.

The kind of stuff I like to make.

You know, the REAL, TRUE, and ORIGINAL Ambient.

:razz::fence:

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
                        They use a more narrow definition of ambient there--the movie soundtrack, landscape, cinematic type of stuff.

The kind of stuff I like to make.

You know, the REAL, TRUE, and ORIGINAL Ambient.

:razz::fence:
                        To be fair, though, they do have sub genres for most other takes on ambient.

Comment

yes, there is a subreddit for just about everything

Comment

Harsh.
                            Wow thats...sad.

Comment

Harsh.
                              Wow thats...sad.
                              As was said, there are subreddits for pretty much all flavors of music. Each is specific to a different type.

I actually appreciate there being a small-scope approach to the music subreddits as you can shop exactly what sort of sounds you are wanting to hear and new submissions aren't buried in a just couple of hours. I get a fair number of plays from that site because the people going there are specifically looking for the type of ambient I am doing.

People looking for more structured work or beat-oriented pieces are not as likely to find my landscaping satisfying, and they can find that sort of ambient under another heading.

It's not that they are being elitist, or closed-minded, just focused.
                              Last edited by aoVI; 11-19-2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X