Dealing with haters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with haters.

I mostly do this as a hobby, I know im not that great but I am learning.

I posted on KVR, and the guy in the interview below on KVR told me to not worry so much about what controller I use, but to worry about my bandcamp..Im taking it he basically said i suck.

http://www.dsnt.co.uk/interview-with-michael-forshaw/

Ok, It seemed like a total shot at me out of knowwhere, but I am constantly learning, just like everyone else. I don't do this to get "Fans" i make my own music for me. If other people like it, that's a plus.

Here is a great quote from DJ Vespers who is a very good musician.

"Tip of the day: Haters. If you're putting yourself out there, putting your music online, playing gigs, or pursuing your passion in any way, shape or form, you will attract haters. Don't let haters get to you down. See, haters are just confused fans. They could be hating on anyone…but they're hating on you. Take it as a compliment. They're spending their precious hate time focused on little old you. Why? 95% of the time it's that they wish they could be like you, have accomplished what you have, do what you do. But, sadly, they have fallen short. They are frustrated with their lives and instead of focusing that energy on improving themselves, they see fit to use it to try to cut you down a peg or two so they don't feel so inferior. Once you realize this, they won't feel like such a big deal. In fact, you may even develop some sympathy and compassion for these confused souls and wish them a better day."

;)
    Last edited by V0RT3X; 02-13-2013, 08:52 PM.
    -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

aw, who needs him?

Comment

Originally posted by ontol View Post
      aw, who needs him?
      LoL i was just ranting, and thought id share that quote.
      -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

Comment

I think you're making progress if you've got haters. I just get ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by V0RT3X View Post
          Here is a great quote from DJ Vespers who is a very good musician.

"...See, haters are just confused fans. They could be hating on anyone…but they're hating on you. Take it as a compliment. They're spending their precious hate time focused on little old you. Why? 95% of the time it's that they wish they could be like you, have accomplished what you have, do what you do...."
          I hear this from time to time and I've got to say I think it's a specious argument - essentially it's saying if someone hates something then they really love it in some way. I'm not sure where it originated but every time I hear it I just hear someone defending the people they're fans as if it is unnassailable fact.

If people hate then they hate and unfortunately it's a fact of life. I've never understood this illogical trying to turn it on its head and make out that the hate is in some way jealously. It makes no sense.

Comment

I never bothered with haters. My music just isn't for them, they just prove themselves to not be able to communicate it that way.

I once got feedback about an ambient track that I should put verses and choruses in it, other wise, no one would ever relate to my music... I didn't even bother to explain. Is he a hater? No, he just doesn't understand ambient.

I don't call them haters, they just don't understand. And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't understand 90% of top 40 music. Nothing wrong with that either.

The biggest difference between 'normal people' and haters is that fact that 'normal people' can accept that people can be different. Haters want to convert others into themselves. Or something like that.
            Last edited by manducator; 02-14-2013, 11:52 AM.
            http://silentfrill.bandcamp.com/

https://manducator.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I think I saw this post!!! Did you delete it because I can't find it again...but you know what my initial reaction was when I first read his "focus on your bandcamp post" ???

Confusion.

nonono:

Like...wtf is this guy talking about? Dude, no worries...seriously. Your bandcamp is awesome, you are awesome, that's what's up!!!
              Synphaera Records
              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by manducator View Post
                I never bothered with haters. My music just isn't for them
                Couldn't agree more. That's where everyone single one of those arguments should stop being dialog - let the rest of it be monolog from the hater.

Comment

Working...
                X