A Place For MIDI?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Place For MIDI?

I began my musical journey composing midi files. They're not the greatest but not the worst either. I would like some place which I could upload them and share them for some nostalgic fun. Anyone have any clue about a good site for this?
    Dark ambient horror utilizing a completely-original synthesizer on YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and Facebook.

Possibly at archive.org. I did a search there for "midi" and got these results. There are indeed some MIDI files among the search results
    Extreme complication is contrary to art.
    — Claude Debussy

Hear some of my music at hearthis , Soundcloud, Bandcamp, or just say Ello! Also see H.P. Dronecraft collab with ontol.

Comment

I have liked a lot of what Archive.org does, so that is a good option!
      Dark ambient horror utilizing a completely-original synthesizer on YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and Facebook.

Comment

I have decided to go with archive.org to upload my old MIDI work. If anyone is interested, I'll share the work I uploaded. I was quite new to music then and had absolutely no formal training, but that didn't stop me. Often through trial and error I would try to recreate and experiment with my favorite genres of music.

Synthesized End - I am a fan of extreme metal and here I was mixing distorted guitars with church organs and choirs to give a darker mood.
        Evolved Fury - Here I was practicing with more rhythmic patterns and incorporated other instrument combinations.
        Birthed Upon Dying Worlds - And for the last collection I was more abstract with foreboding themes.

Comment

Since you have already decided, this is extra, but I always like to cheer archive.org whenever the chance arises. It's been a great free library for more-or-less permanent access to many useful things.

I encourage anyone and everyone to check it out and donate to the organization if (or more likely: when) you find it useful.

Comment

Working...
          X