Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KORG TRITON OR TRINITY FOR AMBIENT PADS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KORG TRITON OR TRINITY FOR AMBIENT PADS?

Does anyone use Korg Triton or trinity? any model? I am looking to invest and would like to know which one is best for pads. Ive had some input from professional users of the synth they suggested Triton extreme was the best outa all of em, I am moving from software to hardware due to the unstable nature of vst.

Originally posted by Tintala View Post
    edited:

I am moving from software to hardware due to the unstable nature of vst.
    I don't have any experience with those synths, so forgive me for replying without providing any useful info--but I did want to ask you about the quoted statement (without derailing the thread too much).

Beyond the occasional buggy new release being ironed out, what do you find unstable about VST in general?

Comment

I am moving from software to hardware due to the unstable nature of vst.
      Apologies here, too, as I have to pick up on this also.

I love my hardware but I also love my software and hardly have any issues at all. I can only think that it is computer hardware/setup that is the problem here, not the VSTs

Good luck, however, in your quest to go all hardware, which is commendable and in other ways, understandable.

cheers

andy
      https://soundcloud.com/synkrotron

Comment

Does anyone use Korg Triton or trinity? any model? I am looking to invest and would like to know which one is best for pads. Ive had some input from professional users of the synth they suggested Triton extreme was the best outa all of em, I am moving from software to hardware due to the unstable nature of vst.
        As with anything, it's all a matter of personal preference- but if you are going to go Korg, why not go to a Korg Kronos? I've had really great recording experiences with mine thus far. On the other hand, I have a music teacher friend who owns a Korg Triton, and has done some really excellent work with it. As far as that goes, I don't think you can go wrong with Korg anything, because I also have a couple of the iOS Korg apps, iM1, and iWavestation. At one time, I really wanted a Korg M1, and for a while, it was Korg's 'flagship' synth workstation- that honor is now held by the Kronos, and as a Kronos owner, I can see why that is. They do have some other models that are great and less expensive as well, like the KingKorg. If analog is your thing, you might like the ARP Odyssey.
        "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings

Comment

Working...
        X