Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caustic

LOL! I've just bought Caustic...

For what you pay for it, it's worth having it just for a mess around. Sounds a bit daft doing music creation on a 5" screen but what the hell!!!

Does anyone have any examples I can listen to? I'd like to know what I am aiming at...
    >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Caustic also runs on a PC (or it did when I downloaded a couple of years ago). I think it was free back then.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

I doubt if I'd ever use it on PC. I've got Sonar Platinum and Reaper, and I haven't used Reaper for about a year now. I struggle learning new tricks so I just stick with what I know.

Caustic is just a novelty I guess, seeing as I've only just got into smart phones, and I saw peeps talking about Caustic in another topic here.

I've put it to use already though and I've made some real simple ring tone and notification sounds, just cos I can haha :D

Comment

Don't forget to check out Field Recorder from Pfitzinger. It's really very good.

You know how it is. You're in the middle of a jungle 9000 km from home and you realise that you've left your Zoom recorder behind. No problem - just download this and you're good to go. £3.89 no-brainer.
        Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
          You know how it is. You're in the middle of a jungle 9000 km from home (with great wifi and/or cell reception) and you realise that you've left your Zoom recorder behind. No problem - just download this and you're good to go. £3.89 no-brainer.
          FTFY

;)
          Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

I couldn't believe it myself. I think the entire country had 3G coverage with 4G in the major cities. It was better than I had seen in Europe.

Comment

Amazing, Thailand I guess?

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

I've found that Pfitzinger field recorder app but I've not installed it. I have not gone ahead with a lot of apps just because of what sort of permissions are required. I mean, why does a field recorder need access to Wi-Fi connection information?

Perhaps I am being overly cautious, as a person new to smart phones...

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
                  Perhaps I am being overly cautious, as a person new to smart phones...
                  No, it's good to be wary. Though after a while I found myself letting things slip as you'd never install anything...

The one that really sticks out was some guitar tab helper that you had to sign in to with a Twitter account; it then wanted permission to post tweets! Uninstalled...

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                    Amazing, Thailand I guess?
                    Yep. I think I read that are currently trying to implement 4G nationally.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                      it then wanted permission to post tweets! Uninstalled...
                      a) Install app
                      b) like random stuff

It could be a big timesaver

Comment

Everything I make (aside from the ANS synth recordings and collabs) are made in caustic .Free downloads from my page. (see signature)
                        D.N.P...Dona Nobis Pacem...Grant us Peace
                        D.N.P web presence

Comment

Working...
                        X