Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bargains - where do you buy your plugins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bargains - where do you buy your plugins?

For the most part I've bought stuff right at the developer's site. I saw somebody mention audiodeluxe, set up an account there and saw that for whatever reason, the prices were even lower than those displayed when you were not logged in..? I know there's plugin boutique....anything else I missed?
    www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

dontcrack.com have some decent offers sometimes.

or the kvr marketplace.
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

JRRShop has great prices and usually responsive customer service.

Although I haven't bought anything from them since they snubbed me on Eventide's Blackhole a couple months back. It went on some crazy sale and I purchased it just hours after it went on sale. After 2 days I get a refund saying sorry, they sold out on the reduced price licenses the night before. That would have been the night before it went on sale. Never got a reply back on asking how that would have been possible. But they are trustworthy otherwise, and given a good price I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

I usually use Audiodeluxe and have a subscription to Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Day.

Comment

Unless I REALLY want something I almost always wait until the plugin goes on sale from the manufacturer. Exceptions of this of course include anything from U-he, Camel Audio, or Audio Damage.

Sales with software/sample companies happen once, twice, sometimes three times per year. So if you keep tabs on those you are interested in, chances are their products might go on a promotional discount.

I have bought from Audiodeluxe a couple of times...even "made an offer" with them (are they still doing that?) and gotten a better price than I could have anywhere else. Musicians friend sometimes lets go software at ridiculous prices but it's usually long after it's released.
        Synphaera Records
        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
        X