X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Granular Synth: The Mangle

Found this from Red Fog over on KVR:

http://sound-guru.com/software/mangle/

For all of you granular lovers out there (and I know there are quite a few here) this is right up your alley.

Drag & Drop Modulation, Dual Sequencers, Animated Granular Display...this thing has it all! And it's in beta for a REALLY nice price.

Check it out!

Cheers,
    -S1gns

Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
    Drag & Drop Modulation, Dual Sequencers, Animated Granular Display...this thing has it all! And it's in beta for a REALLY nice price.
    I'm waiting for its PC version! :dance:
    SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Wow that looks more useful than Granite and Pad Shop Pro. Thanks!
      Makrotulpa - SKON - Blog - Soundcloud

Comment

this looks like a granular tool that I will definitely use. Thanks for the link!

Comment

I knew you guys would be into this little gem...I've been messing with it a little bit today. Love the drag and drop modulation!

Definitely worth checking out, even if to support the developer who is supposedly a very cool guy. :cool:
          Synphaera Records
          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Makrotulpa View Post
            Wow that looks more useful than Granite and Pad Shop Pro. Thanks!
            Granite seems to be simple, but it gives instant gratification. If Mangle will be better, then for sure game will change ;)
            SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
            Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
            "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Wow..this looks like a REALLY cool tool and I would love to jump right in and buy it now before the official stable release..but..it's currently only for MAC users..and he says over on his blog that it's very likely to be supported on Windows 8 only..something to do with the scripting in C++. Still. I hope it will run on Windows 7..will be watching this to see.

Comment

I have it running under EnergyXT on Win7. Fun:thumbsup:
                Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Just emailed the creator of the synth itself...here's to hoping he'll join us on the forum and keep us updated! :tu:
                  Synphaera Records
                  Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Just emailed the creator of the synth itself...here's to hoping he'll join us on the forum and keep us updated! :tu:
                    Well, here I am! Thanks for getting in touch and posting about my plug to this forum - if there's anyone this thing's for it's ambient producers!

I'm happy to field any questions anyone has about the plugin, including anything about the development process or any other informal topic.

P.S. The Mangle's now working on Windows 7+ and OSX 10.6+.
                    Last edited by widdershins; 12-19-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by widdershins View Post
                      Well, here I am! Thanks for getting in touch and posting about my plug to this forum - if there's anyone this thing's for it's ambient producers!

I'm happy to field any questions anyone has about the plugin, including anything about the development process or any other informal topic.

See that's what I'm talking about! Bringing content creators to the forum and bringing the customers to the source. An excellent collaboration indeed!

He's right, this synth was born for ambient production...let's see some creations made with this thing while it's still in beta...ambient online will be the new home for all things Mangle!

Cheers and welcome to the forum,
                      -S1gns
                      Synphaera Records
                      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Hi Tom..welcome to the AO forum..nice to have you here with us!

Just downloaded it and it looks pretty solid..can't wait to get into it properly and play around with it. Love the quality of sound that you get from it..it's really cool.

I sincerely hope you stick with this and develop it out further.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post

Hi Tom..welcome to the AO forum..nice to have you here with us!

Just downloaded it and it looks pretty solid..can't wait to get into it properly and play around with it. Love the quality of sound that you get from it..it's really cool.

I sincerely hope you stick with this and develop it out further.

Dan
                          I'm in too deep to turn back now! Thanks for your support :blush:

Comment

Glad to be able to, my friend...and kind of glad you're "in too deep", as that obviously means this will only go from strength to strength. Really looking forward to following your progress on this in the future. :thumbsup:

Comment

This is the second mangle I have operated. The earlier model looked somewhat clunky, and had a big handle on the side.
                              Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Working...
                              X