X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitwig Studio

Who's getting it?

https://www.bitwig.com/en/home/recent-news.html

I've been following the hype for months (over a year) and it's finally here. For those that don't know, the short story is a bunch of ex-Ableton employees got together and wanted to build a new DAW together, one that would revolutionize the way people make music, make music together, and change the game. Version 1.0 was released today.

Oh and it even runs on Linux! Check it out.

Cheers,
    -S1gns

Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

I've followed the hype and cats, for now I' taking a "wait and see" attitud as between Tracktion 5 and SONAR X3 I have DAWs coming out all over.

It LOOKS interesting, though.
    Home Page: http://www.syntheticaurality.com/
    Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality
    Authors Den: http://www.authorsden.com/edwardaustinaverill

Comment

I'm *really* trying to be a one DAW guy (Reaper!) but am intrigued by some of Bitwigs features. Though it does look like it owes a lot to Ableton which I like ok but ultimately didn't really suit my workflow.
      Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
        I'm *really* trying to be a one DAW guy (Reaper!) but am intrigued by some of Bitwigs features. Though it does look like it owes a lot to Ableton which I like ok but ultimately didn't really suit my workflow.
        I am of much the same view - I would like to use something with the design qualities of Bitwig but with Reaper's feature set. Apparently Bitwig is not that great for audio editing (it is not trying to be). Traktion 5 is interesting, not quite there yet but could become a genuine alternative to Reaper.
        BANDCAMP https://greghooper2.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Mine arrived in the mail this morning!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I have to admit I enjoyed posting my fair share of cat pics in the original thread over on KVR--not in the actual info thread, just in the one in off-topic.

I haven't run into anything I wanted to do but can't in what I am using (S1, Reaper, PT10), so It'll be a pass for me, but looks great.

Comment

Bigwig?:biggrin:
            Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

I haven't seen the need to upgrade to Live 9 yet - I felt a bit left in the rain with the upgrade paths...Bitwig looks nice, in the usual forums I see certain signs of people being a bit disillusioned - maybe too much hype after all? Unfortunately I have to say it comes down to money...the intro price is not low enough to make it interesting, and why should I try out a demo if my current solution is working more or less fine? So I wish them all the sucess in the world Ideally the competition with live will drive down prices on both sides. A bit cynical, but I have the time to wait and see how that plays out :biggrin:
              www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
                Bigwig?:biggrin:
                Autocorrect, lol! ;) *fixed
                Synphaera Records
                Space | Time | Matter

Comment

I have 5 daws. I don't need another one. I've barely scratched the surface of EnergyXT. I think it would be difficult to justify paying that sort of money for a new one. I'm quite happy with what I currently have, and when eXT3 comes along.........
                  Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Bitwig would have to offer a nice cross grade for Live users, and they haven't. Considering I have Suite 9, Push, and several Live Packs, there's just not a lot of incentive for me to switch to or buy Bitwig atm.
                    Meh.

Comment

has anybody around here taken the plunge? I'd be interested in your assessment
                      www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

considering this was a brand new DAW, after downloading the demo I'm very disappointed to discover that Bitwig appears to have used raster graphics vs vector. Blur-city on my Surface Pro 3 unless I disable scaling, and then it is tiny. Maybe some day.
                        Meh.

Comment

Guitar Center (and Musician's Friend, either site, same company) has Bitwig on sale for $200 right now FYI
                          Last edited by KrisM; 12-02-2014, 05:38 PM.
                          Meh.

Comment

Now I'm on bitwig since nearly half a year and I got stick on it :cool:
                            ahornberg.bandcamp.com
                            soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

Working...
                            X