• Show
Clear All

• Ahornberg
    replied
    Now I'm on bitwig since nearly half a year and I got stick on it :cool:

Leave a comment:

• KrisM
    replied
    Guitar Center (and Musician's Friend, either site, same company) has Bitwig on sale for $200 right now FYI
    Last edited by KrisM; 12-02-2014, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KrisM
    replied
    considering this was a brand new DAW, after downloading the demo I'm very disappointed to discover that Bitwig appears to have used raster graphics vs vector. Blur-city on my Surface Pro 3 unless I disable scaling, and then it is tiny. Maybe some day.

Leave a comment:

• phoenstorm
    replied
    has anybody around here taken the plunge? I'd be interested in your assessment

Leave a comment:

• KrisM
    replied
    Bitwig would have to offer a nice cross grade for Live users, and they haven't. Considering I have Suite 9, Push, and several Live Packs, there's just not a lot of incentive for me to switch to or buy Bitwig atm.

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    I have 5 daws. I don't need another one. I've barely scratched the surface of EnergyXT. I think it would be difficult to justify paying that sort of money for a new one. I'm quite happy with what I currently have, and when eXT3 comes along.........

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    replied
    Originally posted by seismic1 View Post
    Bigwig?:biggrin:
    Autocorrect, lol! ;) *fixed

Leave a comment:

• phoenstorm
    replied
    I haven't seen the need to upgrade to Live 9 yet - I felt a bit left in the rain with the upgrade paths...Bitwig looks nice, in the usual forums I see certain signs of people being a bit disillusioned - maybe too much hype after all? Unfortunately I have to say it comes down to money...the intro price is not low enough to make it interesting, and why should I try out a demo if my current solution is working more or less fine? So I wish them all the sucess in the world Ideally the competition with live will drive down prices on both sides. A bit cynical, but I have the time to wait and see how that plays out :biggrin:

Leave a comment:

• seismic1
    replied
    Bigwig?:biggrin:

Leave a comment:

• aoVI
    replied
    Mine arrived in the mail this morning!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I have to admit I enjoyed posting my fair share of cat pics in the original thread over on KVR--not in the actual info thread, just in the one in off-topic.

I haven't run into anything I wanted to do but can't in what I am using (S1, Reaper, PT10), so It'll be a pass for me, but looks great.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by GaryG View Post
    I'm *really* trying to be a one DAW guy (Reaper!) but am intrigued by some of Bitwigs features. Though it does look like it owes a lot to Ableton which I like ok but ultimately didn't really suit my workflow.
    I am of much the same view - I would like to use something with the design qualities of Bitwig but with Reaper's feature set. Apparently Bitwig is not that great for audio editing (it is not trying to be). Traktion 5 is interesting, not quite there yet but could become a genuine alternative to Reaper.

Leave a comment:

• GaryG
    replied
    I'm *really* trying to be a one DAW guy (Reaper!) but am intrigued by some of Bitwigs features. Though it does look like it owes a lot to Ableton which I like ok but ultimately didn't really suit my workflow.

Leave a comment:

• Synthetic Aurality
    replied
    I've followed the hype and cats, for now I' taking a "wait and see" attitud as between Tracktion 5 and SONAR X3 I have DAWs coming out all over.

It LOOKS interesting, though.

Leave a comment:

• S1gnsOfL1fe
    started a topic Bitwig Studio

Bitwig Studio

Who's getting it?

https://www.bitwig.com/en/home/recent-news.html

I've been following the hype for months (over a year) and it's finally here. For those that don't know, the short story is a bunch of ex-Ableton employees got together and wanted to build a new DAW together, one that would revolutionize the way people make music, make music together, and change the game. Version 1.0 was released today.

Oh and it even runs on Linux! Check it out.

Cheers,
    -S1gns

Working...
X