Gear 300x100
Music Software Bundles from Pluginboutique.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIDI Guitar VST/AU in Open Beta

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MIDI Guitar VST/AU in Open Beta

    http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/vst.html

    I've been on the beta team for awhile...and while they've had some bumps in the road on the Mac side of things, it looks as if they're finally getting all the bugs sorted out. I have to admit...playing your favorite softsynth through a guitar for the first time is a totally surreal experience. The Jam Origin team is 100% dedicated to making this the best product it can possibly be.

    And now it's in open beta!!!! Definitely worth checking out if you haven't yet.

    Enjoy!!! :biggrin:
    S1gns Of L1fe
    Patreon | Synphaera | exosphere | YouTube

  • #2
    Can you post any sample tracks that showcase a softsynth plated by your guitar? I'd love to hear what that could sound like!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ho66it View Post
      Can you post any sample tracks that showcase a softsynth plated by your guitar? I'd love to hear what that could sound like!
      Oh absolutely Ho66it!!! Give me a few days and I'll lay something down for you...maybe even a video of me playing!!! :rockon:
      S1gns Of L1fe
      Patreon | Synphaera | exosphere | YouTube

      Comment


      • #4
        I'll try it out when I get a chance

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by robojam View Post
          I'll try it out when I get a chance
          Do it robojam!!! You won't regret it...it's a trip, for sure!
          S1gns Of L1fe
          Patreon | Synphaera | exosphere | YouTube

          Comment


          • #6
            Might have to wait until the new year as I've had barely any time right now and will be in Florida for the last week of the year.

            Definitely on my list of things to do.

            Comment


            • #7
              Gave it a whirl, and while the idea certainly seems marvelous (in terms of the focus on accurate polyphony and minimal latency), it was a little frustrating, as it only decided to work for a brief moment-
              something with buffer setting communication between my Saffire ASIO and MIDI Guitar is unhappy/has indigestion, so while tweaking/twanging away to try to help the two be friends, a few glorious moments of joy-
              then frozen sulking from MIDI Guitar. Ah well, that's why it's still in beta, I wish them successful bug-hunting and will give the next update another spin..
              "Critics can’t stand these records, by and large, because in their search for eternal adolescence, they still want it all to be spunky and manic and witty."
              -Brian Eno

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Duckett View Post
                Gave it a whirl, and while the idea certainly seems marvelous (in terms of the focus on accurate polyphony and minimal latency), it was a little frustrating, as it only decided to work for a brief moment-
                something with buffer setting communication between my Saffire ASIO and MIDI Guitar is unhappy/has indigestion, so while tweaking/twanging away to try to help the two be friends, a few glorious moments of joy-
                then frozen sulking from MIDI Guitar. Ah well, that's why it's still in beta, I wish them successful bug-hunting and will give the next update another spin..
                Believe me Duckett, that's how I felt for a good 2 months while I was emailing support back and forth because I couldn't even get the plugin to work!!! Seriously...it wouldn't even load on my host and when it did none of the knobs would move. After at least 7 different versions I gave up until the main developer emails me a week ago and goes "we were finally able to replicate your issue" and tells me to download the latest version. Guess what? It worked!!!

                So I know how you feel, really I do!!! It's an amazing concept what they're trying to achieve and if they pull it off successfully, it'll definitely change the way music is made for a long time to come.
                S1gns Of L1fe
                Patreon | Synphaera | exosphere | YouTube

                Comment


                • #9
                  Any idea what the price will be on the final product? Can't see any suggestions on the site.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by robojam View Post
                    Any idea what the price will be on the final product? Can't see any suggestions on the site.
                    I heard some rumbling around $99 awhile ago...but that is all speculation. That price, IMO is such a steal considering how expensive an actual "midi guitar" really is. This one plugin will allow non-keyboard playing guitar-capable electronic musicians across the world play any softsynth...bass parts, piano, keyboard...you can even play a mapped out drum kit with your axe. It's wild!

                    Now...will I be buying it to make ambient on it? Not quite sure yet. I've had it for months but haven't actually "used it" in a track. I think once my album is shipping and I'm working on new material I'll seriously consider it though!
                    S1gns Of L1fe
                    Patreon | Synphaera | exosphere | YouTube

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      At that price I'll consider it. Still haven't tried it, but we'll see tomorrow. Not even sure if I'd find a use for it, as I don't know I can really think of how I could benefit from using a guitar to play MIDI parts over a keyboard.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                        Oh absolutely Ho66it!!! Give me a few days and I'll lay something down for you...maybe even a video of me playing!!! :rockon:
                        Cool! I'll look forward to it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ho66it View Post
                          Cool! I'll look forward to it.
                          You bet man!!! Gonna bust out on that video ASAP!!! Now if I could only figure out that photo booth....
                          S1gns Of L1fe
                          Patreon | Synphaera | exosphere | YouTube

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I demoed it a couple of nights ago, but wasn't that impressed with its current state.

                            It worked well out of the box for some things, but not all. I can probably play on keyboard what I can do on a guitar with it, and the things that are hard on keyboard (like tremolo picking) just don't work with this.

                            Might try it again sometime in the future, but right now it's not really looking like it's going to be very high on my wish list.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by robojam View Post
                              I demoed it a couple of nights ago, but wasn't that impressed with its current state.

                              It worked well out of the box for some things, but not all. I can probably play on keyboard what I can do on a guitar with it, and the things that are hard on keyboard (like tremolo picking) just don't work with this.

                              Might try it again sometime in the future, but right now it's not really looking like it's going to be very high on my wish list.
                              Glad you gave it a shot though! We'll see how far they take it. I, like you, still haven't found it extremely "usable" yet...but it still is pretty novel and cool IMO! You're right it needs work...




                              But they're working on it. :D
                              S1gns Of L1fe
                              Patreon | Synphaera | exosphere | YouTube

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X