Padshop Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padshop Pro

OK...ok...ok, call me lazy but I've NEVER downloaded the Padshop Pro trial version...until now!!!!!!

Oh man, this synth has potential! For the record, granular synthesis is my FAVORITE type of synthesis...so many possibilities, endless creativity.

And I saw that one of our members, Sampleconstruct, is making a bank for it which sounds awesome! :dance:

I've got it running in VE Pro and DP6...I think this might have just got put on the "must buy" list. :razz:

Anyone else using it? Do they still update and support this synth often?!

Cheers!
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Imo Padshop Pro is one of the most capable Granulators out there. Up to 8 grain streams with smooth grains (or harsh if needed), all paramaters instantly assignable to the Modwheel, a very capable modulation system, two engines for layering stuff or making split patches - drag and drop your samples into the GUI, on board FX (the Reverb could be better, but who cares these days).

Here are some demos form my first PSP Bank:

Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by Sampleconstruct View Post
      Imo Padshop Pro is one of the most capable Granulators out there. Up to 8 grain streams with smooth grains (or harsh if needed), all paramaters instantly assignable to the Modwheel, a very capable modulation system, two engines for layering stuff or making split patches - drag and drop your samples into the GUI, on board FX (the Reverb could be better, but who cares these days).

Here are some demos form my first PSP Bank:

I can't wait Simon!!! I think I'm going to buy Padshop Pro and pre order your new bank at the same time!! Your stuff is really amazing man. I don't know how you find time to make all those killer demos!!! :listening: They're really very good. :tu:

Cheers!!!
      Synphaera Records
      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
        I can't wait Simon!!! I think I'm going to buy Padshop Pro and pre order your new bank at the same time!! Your stuff is really amazing man. I don't know how you find time to make all those killer demos!!! :listening: They're really very good. :tu:

Cheers!!!
        Thank's man - many of those demos are created while programming the patches, so I can immediately check how usable they are in a musical context and what has to be tweaked to make them really playable.

Homepage

Comment

I love Padshop. I got the standard version for free when I upgraded to Cubase 6.5, and then I upgraded to Pro when that was released.

Comment

I haven't really been paying attention to Padshop because I figured I will get it when I upgrade to Cubase 6.5 (now 7). I didn't want to purchase something twice as it were. But the one that comes with Cubase is a cut down version? I should really take another look in that case.

Simon's demos are absolutely stunning as ever!
            My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sequent7

Comment

Thank's man - many of those demos are created while programming the patches, so I can immediately check how usable they are in a musical context and what has to be tweaked to make them really playable.
              Cosmic pre-ordered!!!! Thanks Simon!!
              Synphaera Records
              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                Cosmic pre-ordered!!!! Thanks Simon!!
                Thank you, Chris

Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                  I haven't really been paying attention to Padshop because I figured I will get it when I upgrade to Cubase 6.5 (now 7). I didn't want to purchase something twice as it were. But the one that comes with Cubase is a cut down version? I should really take another look in that case.

Simon's demos are absolutely stunning as ever!
                  Thank's for the flowers, the Non-Pro Padshop doesn't allow for user sample import so it's basically useless

Homepage

Comment

I see the distinction now. I'm also very surprised to see that Pro is only $79.99. Even cheaper if you first purchase the standard version at $49.99 and then the upgrade at $9.99. I had expected something along the lines of what Steinberg normally charges for additional virtual instruments (or at least used to charge). Hence part of the reason that I had been ignoring this. Well, especially for $59.98 it's pretty much a "no brainer" as they say.

I'll more than likely get this after the new year. In the meantime, downloading the fully functional 30-day demo right now.

Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Oh my goodness... I've had all day to play with it. I've put it in tracks, over existing ones, done extensive testing. My impression?!?

:hypnotized: HOLY FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!! :hypnotized:

Seriously taken back how good this granulator is. Had a huge hangup this morning with saving/loading user presets...but a google search brought me to an official forum post where one of the engineers had posted a patch for the AU version on the Mac...which they STILL haven't implemented in their latest release!!! Ridiculous right? Sampleconstruct and I both think so. Anyway, if you do buy it and are on a Mac, get the AU patch here.

Other than that, what can I say. I'm in love with this thing. :love: Importing my own samples...messing with settings, oh man and like Nemo said for the price, this is ambient bliss.

Note: most of my positive reaction comes from messing with the included "zero gravity" bank included with the Padshop Pro. Specifically the "synth pads" section is deep...like phenomenal. What are you waiting for? Check this synth out!!!

Cheers!

-S1gns
                      Synphaera Records
                      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Glad you're flying away with PSP, Chris - I'm in contact with the dev and will ask, why they haven't included the AU patch in the installer - I mean it's been ages. Here is a demo I made this morning with 2 new PSP patches from Cosmic:
                        http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/planet-factory-b2-reverb-demo

Homepage

Comment

Glad you're flying away with PSP, Chris - I'm in contact with the dev and will ask, why they haven't included the AU patch in the installer - I mean it's been ages. Here is a demo I made this morning with 2 new PSP patches from Cosmic:
                          http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/planet-factory-b2-reverb-demo
                          Awesome!!! Yeah I already gave this demo a full listen...such quality stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on Cosmic!!! I can already tell it's going to be a major component in my next album.

Cheers to you Simon, thanks for everything and happy holiday!!!
                          Synphaera Records
                          Space | Time | Matter

Comment

I'm going to have to get Cosmic as well... but first I have to get Padshop Pro!

For those who weren't aware of it, Steinberg is offering a fully functional demo: http://www.steinberg.net/en/products...l_version.html

I was pleasantly surprised that the demo does not require any sort of serial number or dongle. I'm guessing that the full version will use the Steinberg e-licenser, but in the meantime you have 30 days to check it out unrestricted.

Oh, and this really came alive after I put some proper reverb on it!

Comment

I'm guessing that the full version will use the Steinberg e-licenser, but in the meantime you have 30 days to check it out unrestricted.
                              You are correct. I already have a Steinberg key running for VE Pro 5 but Padshop Pro went straight to a software based "e-ilcenser" instead.

Oh, and this really came alive after I put some proper reverb on it!
                              Doesn't it though? I dropped CSR "hall" and holy wow!!! I am seriously impressed. :D
                              Synphaera Records
                              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
                              X