Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Komplete Kontrol --The answer for musicians who cannot play an instrument ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Komplete Kontrol --The answer for musicians who cannot play an instrument ?

What do you guys think of Komplete Kontrol for ambient/newage music production? Has anyone purchased? I'm considering purchasing.
    As I do not play an instrument or read music, I love the arpeggiators and the One key chord effects on the KK. This will save my life. Would it be a waste to buy KK just for this reason (hit one key chord progressions and awesome arppegios)
    Since I do not read music or play piano. Finding chords can sometimes be hard for me, and this is where I often times get stuck in the music creation process.
    So yea, I am very attracted to KK, mainly because of the chords feature.
    I also recently discovered Kuthulhu, which is also good for chords and has some awesome arpeggios. I also see EZKeys is great for what I am looking for.

Anyways, if someone who has used or purchased the KK, I would love to hear your thoughts.

I am certainly not a trained musician, by any stretch of the imagination, but I really enjoy searching for chords and harmonies on my MIDI keyboard. It's certainly more rewarding and more fun than using the piano roll to explore, and I enjoy just "messing about" with an instrument. Failing that, picking out chords on the guitar can often give me a different perspective on the progressions I may later use in a composition, even if I don't use the guitar part itself.

I'm sorry, but I can't comment on Komplete Kontrol because I hadn't heard of it until I saw this thread. I lead a very sheltered life
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Do you have Komplete 9 or 10? It will still operate as a MIDI controller without, but many of the features are only through K9/10.

From the site:

You must own a registered copy of KOMPLETE 9, KOMPLETE 9 ULTIMATE, KOMPLETE 10, or KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE to activate the KOMPLETE KONTROL software.

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
        Do you have Komplete 9 or 10? It will still operate as a MIDI controller without, but many of the features are only through K9/10.

From the site:

You must own a registered copy of KOMPLETE 9, KOMPLETE 9 ULTIMATE, KOMPLETE 10, or KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE to activate the KOMPLETE KONTROL software.
        If you don't already have one of those versions of Komplete, that would make this a pretty expensive controller!
        I recently picked up an Akai MPK49 midi keyboard controller. It has most of the features you want except it doesn't do one finger chords. There is a chord mode in the arpeggiator, but I don't think it does what you described.

Comment

I do not yet have Komplete, but I was thinking of purchasing that anyways. I hear that would be a great addition for ambient/soundscapes.

I know there are other controllers out there, but the way Komplete Kontrol is so easy access with everything (arps, chords, tweaking sound, all sitting right in front of me) makes me attracted to it. I'm not a sound engineer by any means, mapping, programming etc. doenst come naturally.

Hmmm....I think I'm going to get it....hmm......

I wonder if using it for 3rd party VSTs will enable me to use the Arps and chords feature....?

Comment

I do not think so, I think that is part of the Kontrol software. That with Komplete 10 would be a nice package, if you did get both.

Send me the shrink wrap from the package so I can smell it and live vicariously through you please.

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
              I do not think so, I think that is part of the Kontrol software. That with Komplete 10 would be a nice package, if you did get both.

Send me the shrink wrap from the package so I can smell it and live vicariously through you please.

Haha, Or you can come visit and we can collaborate. You are most welcome!

Comment

Working...
              X