Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Audio Damage Basic synth at splice.com (conditions...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Audio Damage Basic synth at splice.com (conditions...)

In case anyone's missed it elsewhere...

https://splice.com/promo/audiodamage

You need to sign up then get two friends to sign up too. The sign up procedure is just four fields (name, email etc) and you don't even have to confirm your email. So, while morally dubious, I don't see what's stopping anyone inventing a couple of friends with fictitious emails....

It's a nice little synth, fun to play with because of it's very accessible GUI. Soundwise, it's fine, especially if, like me, you tend to look at synths as starting points for a sound rather than the finished product. ie. I prefer simple to use synths that give me good basic tones rather than something like Omnisphere. I'm tempted to say it doesn't sound as good as Charlatan or linplug FreeAlpha (my usual simple synths), maybe something in the filters is a bit dull (surprising as the filters in other AD products are great). Mono too.
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Tried to get it, but they say you need to click on the invite button on the top right..but there's no invite button when I logged in..just a big download button telling me to download and install SPLICE (the full version). This is all a bit crappy and misleading if you ask me..and too much trouble for such a basic tool. Still, thanks for the heads up..much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Comment

I clicked on a dark box advertising the offer bottom right when I signed up, clicking that took me to a page showing the link you need to send people and how many have accepted. all worked for me...

but yes, pretty basic synth, would imagine most people here have something better already but still a fun freebie.
      Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Yeah..I saw that and closed it..thought, as per their instructions, that you have to click the link on the top right of the page in order to get it..but like I said, there's no link there.

I left the site and came back a few times, but still no button..and that little box that appeared the first time hasn't re-appeared any of the times I've logged in since. Like I said..a bit crappy and misleading..or at the very least, very badly organized..which is surprising for a company like them..they should make it clear exactly what you have to do and let you do it.

Comment

Working...
        X