This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchemy Installer - Windows

Does anyone have the final 1.55.0 Alchemy installer for Windows? I only have my files for Mac but now that I'm on PC, I'm wondering if I can still install Alchemy on my new machine.

Is each installer hard wired to your old camel account or will any installer work?
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

From what I understand the installer is keyed to your account or computer--I forget how it works exactly.

ie., If you didn't get one for windows I think you are hosed there. :(

I wish I could help.

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
      From what I understand the installer is keyed to your account or computer--I forget how it works exactly.

ie., If you didn't get one for windows I think you are hosed there. :(

I wish I could help.
      Yeah..aoVI is right on the money about that..the installed has each customer's details hardwired into it, in order to negate the need to "phone home" when you install it now after the company sale to Apple. I'm not too sure how that works now..I mean, if it can't check back then how does it actually confirm you are who you say you are..and what's to stop you from sharing your install file with anyone? How can it tell that another PC isn't just a new you've bought?

As I typing this the thought comes to mind that it must check stuff on the system to confirm your ID, though I don't understand how that would work either..as if it WAS a new install on a completely new system, then there would be no records to check..plus how does it know you aren't just using some "made up" id for doing stuff online?

Anyway..long story short..now, I don't think it would work..but then I've never tried or heard of anyone whose tried it before.

Comment

We got this figured out...the installer you downloaded before the doors closed IS hardwired with your registration information, for better or for worse. :/ I've got everything for Mac for the rest of my days...and as for PC, let's just say I've got a few friends in the right places. :daydream:

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
        -S1gns
        Synphaera Records
        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

More importantly, you've switched from Mac to PC then?
          Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
          X