Softube Modular Impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softube Modular Impressions?

Downloaded the demo of Softube's Modular synth last night and flipped through the presets, tweaking a few things over about 45 minutes or so.

It only took a few minutes to come to the realization I have little more than a basic knowledge of how a modular works. Most of my synth programming experience was years ago and on a DX7IIFD. Much of the patching made things go bad.:biggrin:

Really liked the sound of it when I wasn't destroying it. I'll keep at it and if it goes well over the course of the next 20 days, may consider getting it--although most of my work is focused on processing rather than synth programming.

Anyone else try it out or purchase it?

No..meant to take a look at it, but forgot to download the demo..you know how it goes. But speaking of things modular, I've had my eye on The Tangle from Sound Guru ( http://sound-guru.com/software/tangle/ ), as has already been mentioned on here elsewhere..again, just haven't gotten around to grabbing it yet. :roll:

Comment

No, I haven't. I think I'm gonna take a pass on this one...for now. It does look interesting, though. Especially the ability to add third party modules.
      Last edited by windspace; 06-19-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

After playing around with it today I have decided it's not something that I'd enjoy using. Most things it can do that I find interesting can be accomplished by methods I am more comfortable doing.

While this ends my exploration with it, I'd still like to hear from anyone else that finds they like it.

Comment

I've thought about checking out the demo. Seems like an interesting concept. Btw I was at the Softtube site today and it was n sale for $75...I don't know how long the sale was for. I didn't see anything about copy protection...I saw on KVR or Muffwiggler that it used iLock...if so then I'll pass on it. Have enough to worry about without forgetting a dongle...

Comment

Having just upgraded Reaktor to v6, I'm in pretty deep with Blocks at the moment so don't think I need further modular distractions...

It's kind of crazy, I'd say I'm definitely a processor kind of person like aoVi yet seem to have over a dozen synths installed including semi-modulars like Aalto, ACE and XilsLE which I haven't fully got to grips with yet...
            Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

I too have a lot of synths installed which is making me more selective of any new purchases. The last new synth I bought was Bazille and I've barely scratched the surface of it's capabilities. I particularly like it though because of it's multi-channel Midi capability (MPE) and using it with my Linnstrument...very nice combo. Something I did come across that was modular in format and fun to mess with was XSRDO over at KVR. Here's the link to the developers site: http://xsrdo.blogspot.co.uk. It does use Synth Edit which may be a turn-off for some, but from what I gather most of the modules were actually coded by the developer. The price is right - free . I came across an issue or two which I've asked the develoer about...we'll see how long it takes for an answer.

Comment

I tried the demo and first I was impressed by the sound quality ... but it eats up CPU much more than Diva.
                So I decided to have a look on Reaktor 6 Blocks ... there are way more modules and they seemed t be more optimized for screen with less cable-mess :thumbsup:
                although I like the photorealistic look of Softube's Modular ... so I think I will stay on Reaktor Blocks.
                ahornberg.bandcamp.com
                soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

I'll admit to being someone who is influenced by an awesome-looking GUI, and this did look pretty cool.

While I wouldn't be using any outboard synths in the near future, the control possibilities are a nice touch.

There were a few patches that had my processor indicator pegged out, but didn't get any crackles.

Comment

Working...
                  X